Another Harrassed my neighbour

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredofit

We are currently experiencing problems with the neighbour (retired lawyer and bored old man). We are rural residential. He seems to have a problem with our cargo trailer, 5th wheel travel trailer, little utility trailer (all licenced and plated in our driveway). Seems we are wrecking his view of our property. My boyfriend is now building a small shed(under height and mass) for a permit, which again has ticked him off.

The neighbour called threatening my parents last Spring..."that if we didn't clean things up" (there were some tires on the side of the house and some spring clean up that was to go to the dump), he would call the municipality. We dug out the by-laws and are doing nothing wrong. He tried to tell us we were running a business because we sold a car on the lawn.

Recently, we found a decapitated bird (wild turkey) tied to the fence (from his side) with wire (we have pictures). To do that you would have to go through his field and an electric fence. I guess this was our mafia warning because 2 weeks later the municipality came, saying they had a complaint, and pictures had been taken. They have told us the shed doesn't need a permit and that the vehicles are all licenced and plated and we are not breaking a by-law by having them.

The neighbour was caught yesterday leaning out his window taking pictures again. Is he also taking pictures of us in our hot tub etc??????

What can we do.

Find a board that specializes in Canadian law.

You can do a google search to find a Canadian law forum - there are quite a few.

Just so that it's clear - US law and Canadian law are not the same. We have no experts here in Canadian law. We're not being snobby or obstructionist - we just don't know the law where you are.

We are currently experiencing problems with the neighbour (retired lawyer and bored old man). We are rural residential. He seems to have a problem with our cargo trailer, 5th wheel travel trailer, little utility trailer (all licenced and plated in our driveway). Seems we are wrecking his view of our property. My boyfriend is now building a small shed(under height and mass) for a permit, which again has ticked him off.

The neighbour called threatening my parents last Spring..."that if we didn't clean things up" (there were some tires on the side of the house and some spring clean up that was to go to the dump), he would call the municipality. We dug out the by-laws and are doing nothing wrong. He tried to tell us we were running a business because we sold a car on the lawn.

Recently, we found a decapitated bird (wild turkey) tied to the fence (from his side) with wire (we have pictures). To do that you would have to go through his field and an electric fence. I guess this was our mafia warning because 2 weeks later the municipality came, saying they had a complaint, and pictures had been taken. They have told us the shed doesn't need a permit and that the vehicles are all licenced and plated and we are not breaking a by-law by having them.

The neighbour was caught yesterday leaning out his window taking pictures again. Is he also taking pictures of us in our hot tub etc??????

What can we do.

Whether in Canada, the USA, or even good old Bangladesh; ignoring pesky neighbors is always your best strategy.
If things escalate, don't do a darn thing but call your local constabulary.
They are paid to handle crimes, not annoyances, so be judicious in such contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back