Anonymous death threat sent to my daughter?

My daughter got an anonymous voice memo from a number she doesn't recognize. The voice was clearly robotic sounding. However, it knew her full name, our address, and it threatened death upon her. The voice said that they would "come for her", and kill her.
My daughter is 16. She has no idea who this is, and neither do we. We have no idea where this message came from. Should we call the police?

My daughter got an anonymous voice memo from a number she doesn't recognize. The voice was clearly robotic sounding. However, it knew her full name, our address, and it threatened death upon her. The voice said that they would "come for her", and kill her.
My daughter is 16. She has no idea who this is, and neither do we. We have no idea where this message came from. Should we call the police?
I would - but I doubt there is much that can be done.

What US state are you in?

If in the US, you may wish to consider obtaining a gun.

Should we call the police?

If you THINK a crime has been committed against your child, why would you waste one minute asking strangers if you should call the police?

If you THINK a crime has been committed, or a human life is in danger, of course you call the law enforcement agency that serves the community where you reside.

Back