1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

annulment

Discussion in 'Divorce, Separation, Annulment' started by proteku, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. proteku

proteku Law Topic Starter New Member

If I found out my husband was married before but never obtained a divorce from the previous, do I need a lawyer to get my marriage annuled?

2. maryann

maryann New Member

Yes. because the legal state is that he will go to court and agree to a annulment of marriage. Because he enter the marriage under false intensions
    :confused: :)

3. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

You cannot be legally married to two people at the same time. In fact, your "husband" may have violated state law by knowingly marrying a second person. You don't "need" a lawyer to obtain an annulment although it might be of assistance. The court in which to obtain a decree varies from state to state but they will likely point you in the right direction if you ask (1) your state's bar association or (2) a clerk in your local courthouse. Sorry to hear about your situation and best of luck in the future.