Animal control guy trespass and got bit by our dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leex2603

So one of our neighbor made a complaint about us raising chicken in our property. One day the animal control guy came to our house to check up on the status. Well he came and he didn't knock on the front door, he directly for the side door and knock. My niece which is 6 yrs old opens the door and went outside. My sister came to the door and he asked if the chicken owners or home owners was home she said no they aren't home. So exits the back porch and went for the chicken coop as he approach the coop about 20ft away our guard dog was barking at him and he walks towards the dog even more. My neice got inside the yard to the dog and tries to tell him to settle down and the dog started to claim down. Then the animal control guys yells " GET OUT OF there DONT you know that's a vicious dog! ". Then the dog leaps forword and broke the chain and goes on to bite the animal control guy on the butt. He calls the cops, cops came didn't write us a citation, took our dog in to the pound. Because we couldn't show vaccine shots for our dog. Two weeks later a mail came and gave my brother a ticket for improper handle of dog. My brother couldn't come up with the money to pay the vet to get the dog out. the following week he drops off a letter saying the dog well be euthanized on aug 2.

Please advise me as a home owner if I could bring any ammo to the table.
I believe that he has violated many laws such as trespassing on to my property and stole my dog.

Also advise vice versa what he can sue us for too.

Thank you very much

Were you in violation of any local regulations regarding the chickens? Do you know what the animal control person was investigating?
You likely don't have any"ammo" here, but if you think you can prove that the animal control office was unlawfully present then you might get somewhere... however your damages are minimal and it its not very practical to pursue anything.

Were you in violation of any local regulations regarding the chickens? Do you know what the animal control person was investigating?
You likely don't have any"ammo" here, but if you think you can prove that the animal control office was unlawfully present then you might get somewhere... however your damages are minimal and it its not very practical to pursue anything.

Thank you for the response. No we were not in any violation of the chicken. We were in the process of trying to obtain our small bird kennel license. And the animal control officer was following up on the status of the license. He was not authorize by any adults to go into the backward. He didn't have any paper work at the time to show why he was their. He told me "he was called this morning to come check up on the chicken license" when I asked for papers of any kinds. Aren't they suppose to make appointments with homeowner first before showing up? So it not practical to go after them because of?

Our dog is dead now i believe, and we bought for 800$ and it wasn't our dog fault for the officer to get bite he trespass without our constant of him being their. But I d k im just bummed out that their really isn't a case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back