Angery Woman

pinkparamedic

I have recently found out that my husband never divorced his last wife. I have been taking care of him as he has been unemployed for almost 2 years I have kicked him out of my home. I need to know what I do from here

If he was never legally divorced then you were never legally married.
Your next stop should be a divorce attorney to help sort out the mess.

I have recently found out that my husband never divorced his last wife. I have been taking care of him as he has been unemployed for almost 2 years I have kicked him out of my home. I need to know what I do from here

In your state, Georgia, the crime of bigamy is felony punishable by up to ten years in the state penal colony.
Felony charges carry a statute of limitations of four years from the date of the alleged incident or from when the crime was allegedly discovered.
I suggest you immediately report the matter to your local police.
You might NOT have to pay for a divorce.
If he is a bigamist, he's committed a felony upon the peace and dignity of the people of the good state of Georgia and YOU, dear lady.
You can also go directly to the District Attorney in your county and in many cases, the DA will address the issue and advise you further.
Don't worry about a paying for a divorce attorney, just yet.
You might be able to get the county or the state to assist you with the divorce, or rather, THE ANNULMENT.
As your marriage is a LEGAL fiction.

Now, go help the authorities nail his carcASS to the legal wall of shame!

Back