And another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsimon05

Alright, here's the situation - my ex-girlfriend calls me a few weeks ago, and tells me that she's pregnant. Of course, this is not a situation I'm immediately comfortable with, but it's not because I'm not one to run from a responsibility.

See, I'm not going to be here, I'm actually going OUT OF THE COUNTRY, back to my home country because I'm involved in a business deal, basically starting up my own business and funds that I have now have been pooled into that venture.

What that basically means, I don't want to be in another country, while there's a child with my blood flowing through it without a father there to be around. Its something I'm NOT comfortable with at all.

Abortion was a suggestion. Upon that suggestion, any aggression that she had towards her first child's father was aimed towards me. From talking to her, it seems she had hoped the child would keep me here, but unfortunately that isn't the case because contracts have been signed to help with my venture. She would then threaten me with child support (Claiming it would follow me, no matter where I go or how far I try to run, when I was not tryin to run in the first place), and basically degrade my character. It was a painful deja vu - but that couldn't be helped.

At first, she stated that she would have an abortion if something like that were to happen, then when it does she states she was only joking about it (Which pissed me off slightly). Then after I talk to her, after several excuses, she says that she'd do it if I paid for it.

Fine.

However, even though I gathered enough money to pay for the pill, the most painless procedure of doing this - she then leaves a message on my phone stating "Save my money, she's not going to do it", which made me aggrivated even more.

Basically, my attitude is this, I have no problems in paying to support my child - but, I just feel that child support is literally useless without the actual means to support the child. I already offered to buy her the things she may need before I leave, like the crib, stroller, car seat, et cetera. basically a list of things that she wrote down. However, I know that after I leave, most of my energy and money is going to be focused on my upstart business, and there's no telling where I'll see an actual payout till I get established - which means, any form of child support would be out of the question until that point, and with new businesses, you never know when that'll be.

Look, to make a long story short - Is there a way that, because I'm going to be out of the country, is there anyway that rights as the child's father can be signed over to the mother? Another problem I have is this, I don't want to be the type to send my money overseas - and not know what's being done with it. On top of that, and I regret it everytime I say this - for a child that I never wanted (WHich I know isn't my choice) in the first place.

What makes me even more mad, is the fact that, I KNOW, and even she would say so herself, she doesn't even have the means to support herself and her first child, muchless another one - but yet she chooses to have this one.

If I were still here, hell, if we were still together, this would've been so much easy - but I can't even stand to be around her, or even talk to her - she thinks I'm still attracted to her, but she's a major turn off. And it's not because she's pregnant, its because of the attitude she has towards me, which is aggression that should've been directed to her first child's father. Look, basically, if there's a way that I can sign over any, if not all rights to this child - or do I just have to chalk it up to life?

This is not legal Advise!

You are in a tricky situation here and at the moment i think it is not quite "Legal" advice you need. I am not passing any judgment, just trying to give you another outlook.
You see from the questions you ask, it seems the battle is with yourself, do you or do you not stand by you responsibilitys. It can be said that if you choose to run away from your unborn child, you then have to live with the fact that you, have a child you are not supporting and one day that will almost 100% come back to haunt you in more ways than one. Plus can you live with the fact you will not be involed in this childs life, like watching the baby be born, listerning to its first word, watching its first step and giving guidence to help that child become a fantastic adult. They are the fruits of your labor, "being a responsible adult".

Or,, do you, leave your child, to a women you don't seem to like and let you child grow up in an enviroment with no involvement from yourself, into someone you dont' know. If this is your child, it is your duty to stand by it reguardless of the situation, in supporting it's future welfare. Remember we are talking about another human being here, that's as not asked to be born. Do you wan't this child growing up thinking it's Daddy didn't or dos'nt care?

If you feel Abortion is the answer and the mother dose not, then you can't try and convince her different, because you feel you need to go off and start a business.
Look what ever dission you make you have to live with, so it is you choice and your choice only. Personally I would learn to consult with the women you conceeded this child with and come to some kind of mature arangment. But hey, it's all up to you!

Good luck
and i hope you find the right path.

First, you need to be more selective then on who you have sex with. If you do not use a condom, then you run the risk of becoming a dad.

If you leave the country, depending on where you go, obviously it would be hard to find you and force you to pay anything.

You will have major problems though if support is filed, and you get a judgement against you, and you attempt to come back to the US.

Not sure what state you are in but some states will require a paternity test before anything is done anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back