aMy grandchildren were taken from my daughter because of minor drug use.

enraged

My grandchildren spent 80% of their time with my husband and myself since they were born. While my daughter worked I baby set but my grandson actually lived with us and only spent a few hours a week with his mom. This was done to not disrupt granddaughters schedule at school and my grandson had grown up in our home and wanted to stay with us because he had always been with us and had a secure routine. My daughter had admitted to having done drugs but not on a regular basis. Hair and urine test proved what she had stated. In her paper work they stated that she admitted to smoking marijuana on a regular basis, She claimed she never said any of the statements made by DCFS. Hair test showed no use of marijuana but a trace of Methamphetine only. First urine test the container leaked. Second test showed positive for Marijuana but all since then have come back clean.
We were told by IOP counselor that she was made to take by DCFS that he has found that DCFS manipulates the testing so IOP has been doing all of the testing.. My point was that DCFS should never have taken my grandchildren out of my home but claim I enabled my daughter and that I had to know about her drug use. All untrue. We fought to get my grandchildren but they made us do background checks. I believe they never did them but said because my husband had a recent misdemeanor that they kids could not be placed in our home. They said they would keep kids together but separated the kids within 4 days. Sent my grandson to his father who has had numerous DUI's and open container. Is never at home and is not allowing us to see our grandchildren. It took over six weeks for my daughter to get a visit with grandson and they have put up every roadblock possible for us to get to see our grandson. Our granddaughter was put in a foster home. Both children want to come back to me and DCFS has lied on many occasions. The father is telling my grandson that he is never coming home and our granddaughter has been telling them she wants me to take her back home to my house during visits. They will not tell me why they won't place the children with me and I even agreed to leave my husband to get them back. They won't tell me why but I can not see either child with out supervision and there is no reason for my not to be with them. We have a lawyer but I have never been allowed to see or defend myself against DCFS. Instead of doing their jobs and reaching for reunification they are hinting from the beginning that they are aiming for my daughter's rights to be taken away. I have done nothing to deserve any of this but feel as if I am being prosecuted when for years the father had absolutely no contact with his son. I need to know what I can do to get those kids back where they belong. My daughter has full custody of my grandson and yet DCFS is siding with father when we have already proven that he has not followed through on state guidelines. Even ran with grandson first time he came to visit him. After paying for a lawyer and establishing custody and proving he did not follow through with court ordered visits, DCFS is siding with him. DCFS has lied and continues to play games. I need help since my daughters lawyer does not seem to be looking after her best interest,

Father was ordered to do drug test along with my daughter. They gave him grandson before drug test came back. He still drinks and has not done anything for his drinking problem. I want answers for that after they promised the kids would not be separated. I want answers.

You aren't the victim, although you appear to feel as if you have been victimized.

You had no parental rights, as you seem to ave only attended to the children as a a grandparent.

It is your daughter who seems to be their target for alleged drug abuse.

Therefore, I suggest you urge your daughter to ask for a court hearing on the matter of her custody.

A DCFS hearing will only tend to rubber stamp the decision that DCFS has apparently made.

These issues aren't resolved by signing a form, promising to do better, or anything but an adjudication after a court hearing and due process have transpired.

You may never know the whole story as you have no legal standing in any of this.

Your daughter is both an aggrieved and a charged party.
She, therefore, has the ability (through her attorney) to get the answers and maybe the remedy that desire to receive.

Reunification is but one goal, as the primary goal is the safety of the children.

Father was ordered to do drug test along with my daughter. They gave him grandson before drug test came back. He still drinks and has not done anything for his drinking problem. I want answers for that after they promised the kids would not be separated. I want answers.

Did you ever have custody of those kids? Or was it temporary guardianship? Or anything through the court? If not - then you have no rights to those kids at all even as a grandparent.

Child services will allow parents multiple options at reconciliation with their children. It doesn't matter how many drugs they abuse or how much they get drunk. It's a low threshold to be a parent in this country.

Back