Ammending an existing small claim case

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsol

Company A installed a burglar alarm system & a video surveillance system in my place. These unfounded charges are troubleshooting charges on their video surveillance system that they could not fix. They removed their DVR (which they still have) and stated it was OK. I had company B install a DVR and it works fine. So these charges from Company A are unfounded. Also Company A plans to terminate my alarm monitoring contract and turn the remaining monthly costs of this contract and these unfounded service charges over to a collection agency. I am current on my monthly fees for this alarm monitoring service so the contract termination is also unfounded. Since I already have a small claims case against Company A for the cost of the DVR is it worth my while to amend it to ask the judge to dismiss these unfounded charges? What else can I do if they do turn these unfounded charges over to a collection agency?

You can ask to have them dismissed. You can talk to the small claims legal advisor (who is sometimes the court clerk) about amending your original case.

If the charges are turned over to a collection agcy., you don't have to pay anything unless they decide to sue you in court & win a judgment against you.

If they do turn the matter over to a collection agency does this affect my credit?

Yes, that's one of the ways they put it to people

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back