Consumer Law, Warranties Amazon.com Breach of Contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejore24

On 4/3 i placed a order on amazon.com for 45x a phone for $10 each "Used" From amazon warehouse

I am a buyer and seller of these phones so i buy in bulk.

Normally i buy these phones for around $30-120 off ebay and i have seen amazon ask as much as $175 for each one used.

On 4/4 i received a email saying my item was shipped and my card was charged

On 4/5 amazon.com had ups intercept my package without emailing me

On 4/7 I called amazon to find out why my package was being sent back to amazon and customer service was unable to help me saying they do not know and tried to have my package shipped back to me
The amazon customer service manager said he would have my package sent back to me and call me in a few hours but at latest by 5pm the next day

I contact ups to see if they updated the info and had my package sent to me but UPS said they can not do a redirect after a intercept was done.

The customer service manager emailed me saying he would email me in 24 hours i replied that i contact ups and that my package was still on route to be returned and to help assist me.

Then Amazon emailed me this
___________________________________________________________________________________

I've read the notes from our previous phones and chats and I'm very sorry about
the incomplete information you received.

I understand your concern regarding the tracking status of order

I've checked and see that the price of 'Phone' -
was incorrectly listed recently on our website.

We regret the error that resulted in an incorrect price being displayed for
'Phone'.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of
items on our site may be mis-priced. We do, however, verify prices as part of
our shipping procedures.

Unfortunately, in this case we were unable to honor the incorrect price, and
your order was being returned back to Amazon.

We won't be fulfilling any more orders at the incorrectly posted price.

Once this package has been received, our returns center will issue a full refund
for this order. We'll send an email once the refund is complete.

____________________________________________________________________________________

My question is since my card was charged and my item was shipped was a contract formed and should they be liable to withold there end of the transaction?

I spoke with customer relations but he isnt answering my emails anymore he just said they are not going to honor the price. He sent a total of 2 emails i sent a total of 4 to him

Its 4/10 i do not have any $ or my item.

On 4/3 i placed a order on amazon.com for 45x a phone for $10 each "Used" From amazon warehouse

I am a buyer and seller of these phones so i buy in bulk.

Normally i buy these phones for around $30-120 off ebay and i have seen amazon ask as much as $175 for each one used.

On 4/4 i received a email saying my item was shipped and my card was charged

On 4/5 amazon.com had ups intercept my package without emailing me

On 4/7 I called amazon to find out why my package was being sent back to amazon and customer service was unable to help me saying they do not know and tried to have my package shipped back to me
The amazon customer service manager said he would have my package sent back to me and call me in a few hours but at latest by 5pm the next day

I contact ups to see if they updated the info and had my package sent to me but UPS said they can not do a redirect after a intercept was done.

The customer service manager emailed me saying he would email me in 24 hours i replied that i contact ups and that my package was still on route to be returned and to help assist me.

Then Amazon emailed me this
___________________________________________________________________________________

I've read the notes from our previous phones and chats and I'm very sorry about
the incomplete information you received.

I understand your concern regarding the tracking status of order

I've checked and see that the price of 'Phone' -
was incorrectly listed recently on our website.

We regret the error that resulted in an incorrect price being displayed for
'Phone'.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of
items on our site may be mis-priced. We do, however, verify prices as part of
our shipping procedures.

Unfortunately, in this case we were unable to honor the incorrect price, and
your order was being returned back to Amazon.

We won't be fulfilling any more orders at the incorrectly posted price.

Once this package has been received, our returns center will issue a full refund
for this order. We'll send an email once the refund is complete.

____________________________________________________________________________________

My question is since my card was charged and my item was shipped was a contract formed and should they be liable to withold there end of the transaction?

I spoke with customer relations but he isnt answering my emails anymore he just said they are not going to honor the price. He sent a total of 2 emails i sent a total of 4 to him

Its 4/10 i do not have any $ or my item.

If they don't refund your money, you'll have to sue them.
They can ignore you, and probably will.
You'll eventually receive your money, when and if they want to return it to you.

Read the terms of service, you're likely bared from even suing them, assuming you tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back