Am I out of luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippygirl1979

I recently had some marital problems and my husband and I decided to take a break for a few weeks to see if maybe it would resolve some issues. I had contacted my friend in Florida to purchase a ticket for me to fly back to my home state of Montana because I had no access to the internet at the time, he agreed and so my mother wired him $759.00, the price of the plane ticket, my friend used a travel agent that could not confirm my ticket and when I told my friend to buy the ticket somewhere else, like Northwest, he agreed. I was informed that the agent charged $100 to pull the money. The new ticket price was $445.00, he did send me $75 because the ticket price had dropped in the time it took my mom to wire him the money. He is refusing to give my mother or I the money that remains, it should be close to $225 if the cancellation fee from the travel agent is not included, my friend stated he would make up difference in price when he got his paycheck. My friend is now threatening to cancel my plane ticket because he stated "it was paid with my card." and is saying he's gonna send every cent back to my mom. The plane ticket is non refundable and states so in the rules. I don't know what to do, any advice?:(

Go to Florida and sue your ex-friend in small claims court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back