am I legally bound to buy a car

veethemex

I recently went to a car dealer and and singed a purchase proposal/purchase agreement for a new car, I took a test drive in a car that had more features than mine and asked the salesman what the car I was looking at came with compared to what I was test driving, I asked him specifically about 2 features, he said the car I was interested in would have these 2 features, after checking I discovered the car would not come with these features, turns out the guy had only been there a month or so and wasn't as knowledgeable as he should have been, no big deal right.
the next morning I called the dealership sales manager and told him not to order the car, he got furious with me an yelled at me very angry and said he damn well expects me to buy the car he ordered for me and hung up on me. I WAS going to tell him I wanted to upgrade to a better package with all of the features that I wanted on the car but he hung up on me, needless to say that made me mad so I emailed them and told them I was going elsewhere to do business, I told them I wanted to get my "good faith money" back (I only left them a couple of hundred dollars) after a couple of emails they replied saying I would get money back A.S.A.P.
well no refund yet of coarse, this has been a whole ordeal going on for weeks now and they recently emailed me saying my car is here???
well I purchased a car from a different dealer,their loss right, so am I legally bound to buy this other car?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently went to a car dealer and and singed a purchase proposal/purchase agreement for a new car, I took a test drive in a car that had more features than mine and asked the salesman what the car I was looking at came with compared to what I was test driving, I asked him specifically about 2 features, he said the car I was interested in would have these 2 features, after checking I discovered the car would not come with these features, turns out the guy had only been there a month or so and wasn't as knowledgeable as he should have been, no big deal right.
the next morning I called the dealership sales manager and told him not to order the car, he got furious with me an yelled at me very angry and said he damn well expects me to buy the car he ordered for me and hung up on me. I WAS going to tell him I wanted to upgrade to a better package with all of the features that I wanted on the car but he hung up on me, needless to say that made me mad so I emailed them and told them I was going elsewhere to do business, I told them I wanted to get my "good faith money" back (I only left them a couple of hundred dollars) after a couple of emails they replied saying I would get money back A.S.A.P.
well no refund yet of coarse, this has been a whole ordeal going on for weeks now and they recently emailed me saying my car is here???
well I purchased a car from a different dealer,their loss right, so am I legally bound to buy this other car?

Unless you signed a purchase order, and a sales contract, you didn't buy a car.
You simply put $200 down as a deposit on a car.

The easiest way to avoid any more conflict and back and forth is to CEASE all communications with the jerk who manages the shady, shyster dealership.

Enjoy your new car bought from a dealer who appreciates their customers.

Back