am i in the right to due manager/company and unemployment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agmeador84

Manager said she has to let me go and listed 3 reasons as to why:
1. Customer called and said i was shaking so i must be skitzing. No drug test was offered and i would have passed if there had been. Manager had to send me home a couple days prior to that because i was too distraut to work from being alienated from my son and harassment to go with it. I make court ordered phone calls to my son during shift and the dad not only denies me talking to my son, the dad and his life partner relentlessly harsses me which takes its toll on me mentally which causes me to shake.
2. My drawer was 52 dollars short and she said she watched the recorded video from that shift and did not see anytjing at all but was still asdumed i took it. What about who was on right before i was and what about the assistant manager's safe count? Assistant manager commented on how she miss counts alot so what if her count was wrong? None of these were looked into.
3. I had large amounts of cash in my drawer that i had not been dropping that often. To my knowledge dropping the bills in the safe was for safety but never once was the seriousness of this explained to me. I was never given any warnings about it but it was thrown in there as to why they arr terminating me.

Nothing you have posted suggests that your termination is illegal. You may certainly apply for unemployment but even if you receive it, that does not mean that the employer was "wrong" to fire you.

An employer need NOT tell you why you're being terminated. They can simply say, you're terminated immediately. I'll show you out.

People mistakenly think an employer needs a reason to fire you. They don't, anymore than they gave you a reason for hiring you.

Last edited:
I don't see anything illegal done by your employer or an illegal termination. In at-will employment you can be terminated at any time for any reason ("or no reason") except for a reason prohibited by law (examples - religion, gender, race....) or unless you have a binding employment contract or CBA to the contrary.

Apply for UI - the state will decide if you qualify & look for other employment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment

http://definitions.uslegal.com/w/wrongful-termination/

Above are a couple of links for educational/informational purposes only (not legal advice).

It was very kind of your employer to give you the reasons for letting you go. They only had to give you zero.

They do not have to offer a drug test. Neither do they have to make exceptions based on your home life. If it is affecting your work, that is reason enough for them to take action, including termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back