Am I eligible for Unemployment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombay24

I was recently employed in Missouri. My employer basically forced resignation on me. I believe the email documentation I have between HR and myself states that it was a mutual agreement for termination of my employment. I also have my COBRA selection form that states "termination". Since I agreed to mutually sever my empl9yment does it mean I am not eligible to receive unemployment insurance payments in my state? Thanks for your help!!

Thanks for the response. I plan to file. I just wondered what I might be facing as I know the firm I worked for will reject it in hopes that I will just fold and not push back.
Here is exactly what happened to me. I was basically called in to talk to the president and he told me that my performance was near the bottom of my class and that I had a choice ot either resign or be fired at the end of 30 days (company policy). I chose to give my appropriate notice and resign. He said that it was performance related, however I have my performance reviews which would show otherwise. i also had a phone conversation with my direct manager 1 week prior to this meeting in which my direct manager told me I had nothing to worry about as he had heard good things about my work and seen great improvement. Thoughts? I don't know if I can use my performance reviews to back my argument to receive unemployment insurance as I believe they are considered confidential and owned by the firm....but that is exactly what happened. i think it was more of an economic situation in which they said it was performance related in my opinion.

File and see what happens. Good luck to you!

File your claim and if denied appeal. There is no penalty for denial or losing an appeal. You have nothing to lose. Its up to state to decide if you should or should not get benefits we cannot predict

Appealing Unemployment Denial

I attended an Unemployment hearing in which my employer did not show up. However, I was denied benefits because I filed for a hearing after my thirty (30) day time limit. In my defense I explained to the law Judge that my union organizer told me that I was being reinstated a weeks after I received the letter, so I didn't feel it was necessary to follow through. I filed an appeal for the decision. Is there any way that I can win the appeal?

It all depends on what you present as evidence to support your case. Since we don't know what is on the appeals board member minds, we can only guess it will be a 50/50 chance. Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back