Am I and other being used as slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrsace

I am currently attached to a ROTC Unit in Colorado and we have to work as security personnel for the local college football games. The wages that get paid do not come to us but go to the ROTC Unit. The thing that bothers me is that this is mandatory for us to do otherwise we can get into trouble by the command. We can face punishments like losing out scholorship for college, facing Non-Judicial Punishment for the active duty people or adverse remarks in our service records. All things that affect our career. It feels like we are being used as slaves for the ROTC Unit to make money. We do a few different jobs and some of them don't even pay us minimum wage. On top of that, the ROTC Unit doesn't even pay taxes on this money that they get. I know that some of the money that is made comes back to us essentially because it helps pay for Unit events, ie a BBQ, but some of it pays the stipends to the freshman that are in the unit. My main question is whether or not this is legal for them to make us work for the profit of the unit and does it change for those that are active duty and those that are not???

Thank you in advance for any advice and direction you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back