Allowed to buy a handgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAMan

I recently went to purchase a handgun from a local gunshop. My purchase was put in "delayed" mode. I have not gotten in a spec of trouble since I was 17, my entire adult record has not a blemish. However my juvenile records holds two felonies which I've never petitioned to seal or expunge. 1 was for possession with intent to deliver (marijuana)...at 16 yo...I recieved about one year of probation for and was not tried as an adult. The other was a recieving stolen property charge at 17. Needless to say that was my highly stupid and foolish years, I have much since grown up, my adult record will prove that! I would like to know if this will result in a denial of sale for a handgun in PA because of my juvy record? I pray not, but if yes...will having it expunged or sealed restore my rights? I don't associate with idiots anymore and have become a productive docile american citizen! Am I still "out of luck" here? Please answer only if you have some knowledge of PA law. I only say that because every state is different :) I will know myself within a few days when I get the callback however I would like to know now so I may start taking the proper steps in reinstating my rights, in or out of court! Thank you so much for your help in advance!!

Guess I should have just waited for the nics check max of 2 weeks...probably would be a lot faster than waiting for a reply here!! Thank you anyway :)

Ask the folks who sell guns...they'll tell you everything you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back