1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Allowed to buy a handgun?

Discussion in 'Juvenile Crime, Law & Court' started by PAMan, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAMan

PAMan Law Topic Starter New Member

I recently went to purchase a handgun from a local gunshop. My purchase was put in "delayed" mode. I have not gotten in a spec of trouble since I was 17, my entire adult record has not a blemish. However my juvenile records holds two felonies which I've never petitioned to seal or expunge. 1 was for possession with intent to deliver (marijuana)...at 16 yo...I recieved about one year of probation for and was not tried as an adult. The other was a recieving stolen property charge at 17. Needless to say that was my highly stupid and foolish years, I have much since grown up, my adult record will prove that! I would like to know if this will result in a denial of sale for a handgun in PA because of my juvy record? I pray not, but if yes...will having it expunged or sealed restore my rights? I don't associate with idiots anymore and have become a productive docile american citizen! Am I still "out of luck" here? Please answer only if you have some knowledge of PA law. I only say that because every state is different :) I will know myself within a few days when I get the callback however I would like to know now so I may start taking the proper steps in reinstating my rights, in or out of court! Thank you so much for your help in advance!!

2. PAMan

PAMan Law Topic Starter New Member

Guess I should have just waited for the nics check max of 2 weeks...probably would be a lot faster than waiting for a reply here!! Thank you anyway :)

3. seniorjudge

seniorjudge Super Moderator

Ask the folks who sell guns...they'll tell you everything you need to know.