Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Alleged Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfiredawg9

Please be gentle with this new member (also the first forum I've ever registered for) - I was injured on the job (herniated the L-5/S-1 disc for the second time in my career and compression fractures) as a municiple FF in MD. This ocurred in 8/04, and I was covered by our W/C Carrier. From that point on, doctors placed me on a "no duty" status at the fire dept. due to being placed on narcotics and muscle relaxants, and the need to drive, 90mi., 1-2 hours to another state from where I live, to get to work in a "light duty" status (meds. affected me on long distance drives, as well as causing further pain) . At that time I also had a P/T job 7 mi. from my home as a dispatcher for a different Municipality. 2 different doctors told me I could continue to work as a dispatcher, as long as management there had no problems with my medications. Mgt. had no problems as the meds did not affect my cognitive function. I continued to work as a dispatcher for the next year. During a outpatient surg. proc. in 8/05 one of my reg. Dr.'s took issue with my working at this P/T job while on meds (even though he had prescribed the meds and had told me repeatedly to find another job, since I'd probably not get back to full duty as a FF). He sent notification directly to W/C Carrier (a violation of defined county procedure), changing my work status to light duty. I then stopped working the second job as it seemed there was some conflict of interest. W/C then began jerking me around, denying procedures, reimb., etc. My W/C Atty attempted to push several issues until W/C Carrier alluded to my defrauding them, by working a second job while being off my primary job. W/C is STILL resisting certain issues, despite never having disputed the claim itself. I've been treated up to, and including, back surgery (my second), and being retired on a disability by the municipality. No one ever told me that I was not allowed to work the part time job while off the full time job, until May 2006, which was done in writing, and is the ONLY time I was told I couldn't work outside during this claim. Questions - what is the statute of limitations and penalties I could face on this fraud allegation? What type of Atty should rep. me?

Please next time limit to one post.....
You story does not come across as someone who intended to mislead or commit a crime………That is very important in proving if a fraudulent act occurred…. I must however admit most employers would be pissed. You might want to start with a personal injury lawyer. They deal in crimes related to injuries as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back