Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Alleged Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfiredawg9

Please be gentle with this new member (also the first forum I've ever registered for) - I was injured on the job (herniated the L-5/S-1 disc for the second time in my career and compression fractures) as a municiple FF in MD. This ocurred in 8/04, and I was covered by our W/C Carrier. From that point on, doctors placed me on a "no duty" status at the fire dept. due to being placed on narcotics and muscle relaxants, and the need to drive, 90mi, 1-2 hours to another state from where I live, to get to work in a "light duty" status (meds. affected me on long distance drives, as well as causing further pain) . At that time I also had a P/T job 7 mi from my home as a dispatcher for a different Municipality. 2 different doctors told me I could continue to work as a dispatcher, as long as management there had no problems with my medications. Mgt. had no problems as the meds did not affect my cognitive function. I continued to work as a dispatcher for the next year. During a outpatient surg. proc. in 8/05 one of my reg. Dr.'s took issue with my working at this P/T job while on meds (even though he had prescribed the meds and had told me repeatedly to find another job, since I'd probably not get back to full duty as a FF). He sent notification directly to W/C Carrier (a violation of defined county procedure), changing my work status to light duty. I then stopped working the second job as it seemed there was some conflict of interest. W/C then began jerking me around, denying procedures, reimb., etc. My W/C Atty attempted to push several issues until W/C Carrier alluded to my defrauding them, by working a second job while being off my primary job. W/C is STILL resisting certain issues, despite never having disputed the claim itself. I've been treated up to, and including, back surgery (my second), and being retired on a disability by the municipality. No one ever told me that I was not allowed to work the part time job while off the full time job, until May 2006, which was done in writing, and is the ONLY time I was told I couldn't work outside during this claim. Questions - what is the statute of limitations and penalties I could face on this fraud allegation? What type of Atty should rep. me?

You story does not come across as someone who intended to mislead or commit a crime………That is very important in proving if a fraudulent act occurred…. I must however admit most employers would be pissed. You might want to start with a personal injury lawyer. They deal in crimes related to injuries as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back