1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Alleged credit Inquiry from Employer

Discussion in 'Hiring, Applications, Background Checks' started by magareb, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magareb

magareb Law Topic Starter New Member

Greetings

OK so I asked my labor relations coordinator why would they be inquiring about my credit and he found out they had not inquired. They will further investigate and confirm. I also contacted the credit agency who reported it (Transunion) and they do not show a record of it presently (the credit monitoring service clearly shows the date it came in and who) Other than a creditor can someone possibly delete information off of your report and it go unnoticed. Do the bureaus have a way to show all history of your account? I have also put an alert on as well. Can anyone ACT like they are a business and get your report?

2. Proserpina

Proserpina Moderator

Yes and no.

Yes, they can obtain your credit report - but if they didn't have permission, that's where you may have recourse.

I do have a question though - how have you been damaged?

3. Proserpina

Proserpina Moderator

Additionally:

Goodness. Did you ever get your previous issues resolved?

And you're not going to get snarky this time, are you?