all too many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madrox24

My girlfriend me and her just had a daughter, she is 4 months old. Her mother wants to get rid of me because she has issues with men. So in order to do that she is filing charges on me which include, rape, and harassment. Also she is going to try to fight for custody to take our daughter away from me and her and get a restraining order against me. I have no idea what i should do. I am 18 and my girlfriend is 16. She was 15 and i was 17 when she got pregnant, to help inform you for advice on the rape thing, but me and her have talked about it and want to try to get her emancipated, without the permission of her mom, and are wondering if it could work. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated because i need all the help i can get soon, because this is going to be going to court very soon, please and thank you

You need to avoid all continued contact with child! You are am adult and can be charged with a sexual molestation, abuse, or statutory rape related charge. If I were you, I'd immediately hire a lawyer and get ready for an arrest. In the interim, arguing with her mother will make things worse. Her mother doesn't hate men, just adult men who rape and ravish their daughters!

You knew that you had no business having sex with a child. You may not think it's wrong, but society does. So, for your sake, speak to a lawyer about this and arrange for a DNA test, to establish paternity (you may not be the father, after all).

But, if you are and you want to be able to support that child. As far as emancipation of the minor, in most states you'll need parental consent.
And, you'll have to show the court how you plan to support and care for the child and your wife! You better get busy doing these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i am only 2 years older than she is and technically in the state of pennsylvania as long as she is at least 16 then me being 18 i can be with her, but it happened before i even turned 18, i was only 17 at the time

Madrox24 said:
well i am only 2 years older than she is and technically in the state of pennsylvania as long as she is at least 16 then me being 18 i can be with her, but it happened before i even turned 18, i was only 17 at the time

If you believe that, you have nothing to worry about or fear.

Nothing will happen to you, you've got it all under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its not just that that im worried about though its the whole thing not just the rape charges its the whole situation i need advice about, how do you think i should go about defending myself while still defending the mother of my child? but just to clerify it is the grandmother of my daughter that is doing this not my fiance if you didnt know

You need to see an attorney. Your 2 year age difference is not a crime in most states. Yoiu need to establish paternity and file for visitation. Stop listening to mom.

Despite what ArmyJudge is saying you did NOT molest her or rape her. In PA 16 is the age of consent but 13, 14, 15 is ok if the other party is not more than 4 years older. You are two years older so its not felony statutory rape. Now it may be considered corruption of a minor but I really doubt it as I read the law.

If you have a job that gives you means to support this child you two had, then you need to marry this girl. Marrying her will automatically emancipate her. Unfortunately age of consent is 18 to marry, 16 if the Mother will agree. Personally, if you can afford to, I would get an attorney to file a Petition before the court to get a JUDGE to give you consent to marry her due to the circumstances.

Establish paternity by having a LEGAL DNA test done. Start providing her verifiable support, and get an attorney to file that petition and you should be ok. Don't mind Army Judge. He means well but something about this issue drives him crazy. You aren't a rapist, child molester, or anything of the sort. You made a mistake you shouldn't have made but now is not the time to compound it.

It is never too late to do the right thing. MARRY HER if you can.

wait till shes 18

My girlfriend me and her just had a daughter, she is 4 months old. Her mother wants to get rid of me because she has issues with men. So in order to do that she is filing charges on me which include, rape, and harassment. Also she is going to try to fight for custody to take our daughter away from me and her and get a restraining order against me. I have no idea what i should do. I am 18 and my girlfriend is 16. She was 15 and i was 17 when she got pregnant, to help inform you for advice on the rape thing, but me and her have talked about it and want to try to get her emancipated, without the permission of her mom, and are wondering if it could work. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated because i need all the help i can get soon, because this is going to be going to court very soon, please and thank you

no judge will emancipate her so she can live with her adult bf. forget emacniaption, it aint gonna happen. mom can stop you from seeing her daughter, but she cannot stop you from seeing the baby, if she tries, it wont go well for her daughter. she has no rights to the baby at all

Lonely, you my friend are wrong. My Cousin went through something similar a few years back. Difference is was there was no baby involved. He was dating a girl who was 16 and he was close to 20 I think at the time she was 16.(they dated for 4 years after all this mess). Her parents pressed charges on him for statutory rape, and the investigators learned the minor agreed to having sexual relations with him, so all charges were dropped. 16 is the legal age for consent, so as long and the minor isn't denying consent, there isn't really anything he can be prosecuted for.

Lonely, you my friend are wrong. My Cousin went through something similar a few years back. Difference is was there was no baby involved. He was dating a girl who was 16 and he was close to 20 I think at the time she was 16.(they dated for 4 years after all this mess). Her parents pressed charges on him for statutory rape, and the investigators learned the minor agreed to having sexual relations with him, so all charges were dropped. 16 is the legal age for consent, so as long and the minor isn't denying consent, there isn't really anything he can be prosecuted for.

Lonely is actually correct (believe it or not) - a judge will not emancipate a child to go and live with her boyfriend.

Lonely was not commenting on the statutory rape aspect of things.

OP - you file in court to establish paternity, custody/visitation and child support. Ignore grandma.

Sexual assault of a minor is a real possibility because she was 15 when she conceived this child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back