Consumer Fraud All Star Vacation Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyelpo

Hello...
My issue is related to a vacation package I bought last year...

On March 09 I bought the package because they offered 500$ bonus to use in the internet..I asked the Agent that talked to me if I can use it in Victoria Secret, he said 'yes, of course'....so I paid 310$ for 3 destinations plus 500$ bonus. When I call back to the company (All star vacation now is MIV - Miami International Vacation) they told me that they have only one website to use the bonus, is not that I can use in Stores...I said ok, lets give them a chance, lets see what they have... I choose few items and I send the list with the items to the company, they have to send it to a 3rd party and then they should contact me saying how much I should pay for S&H. I did it on July last year...I called every month or less than a month, sometimes like every 2 weeks...and they always told me that the other company will call me soon, they cant do anything because is a 3rd party...bla bla...I wait...and wait...(but calling). At the end of January 2010 they told me that they dont have the bonus anymore, so they dont work with that 3rd party company and they cant give me the 500$ bonus!! I couldnt believe...I bought the package only for the 500$ and now I dont have it...too much! So, one of the managers told me that she can change the bonus with destinations, something that I dont want because I have to pay the air tkts and is not an all incl hotels neither, so I have to pay everything there...
Well, I was reading in the Florida Statutes:
"The 2009 Florida Statutes -- 559.933 Vacation certificate cancellation and refund provisions.--It shall be unlawful for any seller of travel or assignee:"
(it has some diff cases and one of those says):
(7) To fail to fulfill the terms of a vacation certificate within 18 months of the initial payment of any consideration by the purchaser to a seller of travel or third party.

Could I refer to this option to cancel my vacation package?

Please advise...
Thank you very much,
Pyelpo.

Hello...
My issue is related to a vacation package I bought last year...

On March 09 I bought the package because they offered 500$ bonus to use in the internet..I asked the Agent that talked to me if I can use it in Victoria Secret, he said 'yes, of course'....so I paid 310$ for 3 destinations plus 500$ bonus. When I call back to the company (All star vacation now is MIV - Miami International Vacation) they told me that they have only one website to use the bonus, is not that I can use in Stores...I said ok, lets give them a chance, lets see what they have... I choose few items and I send the list with the items to the company, they have to send it to a 3rd party and then they should contact me saying how much I should pay for S&H. I did it on July last year...I called every month or less than a month, sometimes like every 2 weeks...and they always told me that the other company will call me soon, they cant do anything because is a 3rd party...bla bla...I wait...and wait...(but calling). At the end of January 2010 they told me that they dont have the bonus anymore, so they dont work with that 3rd party company and they cant give me the 500$ bonus!! I couldnt believe...I bought the package only for the 500$ and now I dont have it...too much! So, one of the managers told me that she can change the bonus with destinations, something that I dont want because I have to pay the air tkts and is not an all incl hotels neither, so I have to pay everything there...
Well, I was reading in the Florida Statutes:
"The 2009 Florida Statutes -- 559.933 Vacation certificate cancellation and refund provisions.--It shall be unlawful for any seller of travel or assignee:"
(it has some diff cases and one of those says):
(7) To fail to fulfill the terms of a vacation certificate within 18 months of the initial payment of any consideration by the purchaser to a seller of travel or third party.

Could I refer to this option to cancel my vacation package?

Please advise...
Thank you very much,
Pyelpo.

You have been victimized.

You should contact the Florida Attorney General.

They can help you.

I doubt if these crooks will voluntarily refund you your money.

But, you could also try that route.

Thank you so much...
I just filled a form in the Florida Attorney General website.
Do I have to do another thing?

Thanks!

pyelpo said:
Thank you so much...
I just filled a form in the Florida Attorney General website.
Do I have to do another thing?

Thanks!

Now you wait and see what they can do for you.

You could also file a criminal complaint with your local police.

Some might say it is a civil matter, and others might pursue it for you.

It is worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jurisdiction/Place: USA - Florida

This is to alert the public of South Florida, to not to fall (like some of us already did) to the dishonest business practices, scams, and frauds by these companies | individuals.
If someone has similar case or information there is a Better Business Bureau Complaint Case, or BBB CASE#: 90058558; please follow:
westpalmbeach . ebindr . com / complaint / moreinfo / 90058558 / c / hprkp2

On March 11 2010,
The Company called:

"MIV MIAMI INTERNATIONAL VACATIONS",

AKA

"ALL STAR VACATION", for now on just MIV,

with the Location:

825 Brickell Bay Drive
Local/Suite(s) # 246 through 249
Miami, Florida 33131

Phone numbers:

786-464-8264
888-426-4026
888-789-0968

Faxes:

786-513-2904
305-647-0229

http: / / reservacionesmiv . com
http: / / mivvacationclub . com / cruises . html
(this Domain is for sale. How convenient!)

Email Address:

sybercash2005 @ yahoo . com

MIV advertised through the Latin Christian Radio 87.7 FM a "Prize" of a Vacation Package using the wording "ALL INCLUDED..." (basically what you hear) to:

1. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. 3 days / 2 nights
2. Orlando, FL. 3 days / 2 nights
3. Daytona Beach, FL. 3 days / 2 nights

They charged $299.99 + $10.00 for "Administrative Costs" under

Sale ID #: 19038
Customer #: 18840
Cert. #: 33850
Verification #: 10553393
Ship Date: March 18, 2010

=======
Total = $309.99
=======
They recorded the conversation when they are telling/giving you their "conditions". They speak very fast when they say "Air Tickets are not included", then continuing saying that "all meals included...", etc. Then the Fraud comes when you call back to make reservations when they give the great news that you have to pay MORE for Air tickets, etc.
Also I found more complaints about the same issue all over the Internet i.e.
Check thelaw . com Thread=40943
Thanks for your attention
magician137

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back