All my picture ID's have expired

Army Judge , thank you very much for your effort. You have gone above and beyond , I appreciate it very much. In the interest of brevity I did not quote your post. Multiple attempts on my part over the years have led me to believe my Birth Certificate does not exist , probably due to a clerical error. For example , in around 2008 - 2009 a social worker tried to find my Birth Certificate while I was in the hospital for 5 months. No success. I think my best option may be trying to get a passport. Thanks again.

That just doesn't happen, mate.
What year were you born?

My grandmother was born in 1895 in the swamps of Louisiana, and she found her birth certificate in 1975.

My grandfather was born in 1885, born to sharecroppers in West texas.
He found his in 1970.

My dad was born deep in the "hollas in the Blue Ridge Mountains in 1916, and found his in 1956.

If you were born in this country, you have a birth certificate somewhere.

How did you acquire SSI without a birth certificate?
If you went to high school, there are records.

You're 49 years old, so that means you were born around 1978, '79.
There's a birth certificate somewhere, unless you were born in another country and your parents LIED to you.

Some confusing information , a link I found said they want 7 different pieces of secondary identification. I have about 5 pieces of secondary identification.

Then stop looking and get yourself over to the passport office, apply with what you have and, there, you will be told exactly what else you need (if anything).

As for your birth certificate, take Army Judge's advice. If you were born in NY State, there is a record somewhere, even if you have to call every county.

Birth Certificates

This is a bit more specific than the Office of Vital Records.

I don't understand , I called the Hospital in Elmhurst and the Office of Vital Records. The Office of Vital Records tried to help me , we exchanged multiple emails over a period of 2 weeks.

BTW using Notary Public is out , they won't notarize a document without veryfying valid current photo ID , the very type of ID I'm trying to get.

I was born in 1968

There is a record, somewhere.

BTW, if you don't know where you were born, do you really know WHEN you were born?

Another option is pay for a DNA analysis.

Sooner or later, you'll find other REAL relatives on the various ancestry related sites.

I did three different ones, and was surprised to find relatives no one ever spoke about.

I understand that you have already been in touch with the Office of Vital Records.

This website is specific to those who were born within the 5 boroughs of NY City. Just because the OVR couldn't find them doesn't mean that this agency won't.

But of course if you'd rather whine about it than try it, it's no skin off my nose.

NYS , Elmhurst NY

Where do I obtain a birth certificate copy for someone born in New York City?

The New York State Department of Health does not file and cannot issue copies of New York City birth certificates.

For births in one of the five (5) boroughs of New York City (Manhattan, Kings, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island), please visit the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Birth Certificates .

Please note that the borough of Kings is sometimes referred to as Brooklyn and the borough of Staten Island is sometimes referred to as Richmond.

The Health Department issues birth certificates for all people who are born in New York City. You may apply for a New York City birth certificate if:

You were born in New York City (Borough of Queens, city of Elmhurst)
You are listed on the birth certificate (as parent or registrant/infant)
You are 18 or older
If you were born outside of New York City, including elsewhere in New York State, the CDC has information on how you can order a certificate.

For more help ordering a birth certificate, you can chat online with an operator, Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 4:30 PM.

You can try to order one online here:

Birth Certificates | Obtain Birth Record Copy - VitalChek

To order a BC in person:

Go to 125 Worth Street in Lower Manhattan. Use the Lafayette Street entrance, which is handicapped accessible, and go to room 144 We are open Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 3:30 PM. We are currently undergoing a renovation, and lines are longer than usual. Ordering online is the fastest, most efficient way to get your birth certificate. If you prefer to order in-person, lines are shortest in the morning. You should come prepared with identification. See requirements below.

Fees: Please bring a money order or personal check made payable in US dollars to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. You may also pay by credit card, debit card or by electronic fund transfer (EFT) using your checking account and routing number. Cash is not accepted.

The cost for an in-person birth certificate order is $15.00 for each copy plus a $2.75 one-time fee for identity verification. For example, if you order 2 copies of a certificate, your total cost is ($15 + $15 + $2.75) $32.75.

For international use other than a US passport, please specify a long form request when you order your birth certificate in person.

BY mail:

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/vr/birth1.pdf

What if they can't find it?

If a certificate isn't found, the Office of Vital Records (OVR) may issue a "Record Not Found" statement and the customer will be charged $15 for the search and refunded the cost of any additional certificates ordered. If the customer returns the "Record Not Found" statement by mail or in person with the additional information requested within 3 months from the issue date, OVR will conduct an additional search at no cost.

Please call 311 or 212 NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) if you are calling from outside NYC.

You can also email the Office of Vital Records Services at nycdohvr@health.nyc.gov
if you have questions or need instructions.

Notary Public is out , they won't notarize a document without veryfying valid current photo ID , the very type of ID I'm trying to get.

You can go that route, because you DO have supporting ID.

Again, what did you submit as ID when you got enrolled to receive SSI?

For births in one of the five (5) boroughs of New York City (Manhattan, Kings, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island), please visit the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Birth Certificates .

Which is where I directed him. But he'd rather whine that the Office of Vital Records couldn't help him than to get off his ass and try this.

Birth Certificates .

Which is where I directed him. But he'd rather whine that the Office of Vital Records couldn't help him than to get off his ass and try this.

Thank you for your direction. The last sentence of your post is not necessary , you know nothing about my health sir.

Nothing in my post has anything to do with your health. You can be fully disabled and use a website. Use it SITTING on your ass, if you prefer. Just try it instead of complaining about all the other things that didn't work.

And I'm a ma'am.

Nothing in my post has anything to do with your health. You can be fully disabled and use a website. Use it SITTING on your ass, if you prefer. Just try it instead of complaining about all the other things that didn't work.

And I'm a ma'am.

I already tried that site 2 years ago , they directed me to the office of vital records which is a part of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Which is the link you posted.

Please don't use profanity , it's not necessary.

As I said, you'd rather whine than make any new attempts. Couldn't possibly be that maybe a different person would catch your request and might have different results. Impossible that going through a different part of the agency would be able to find something the first one didn't. Much better to complain about how bad you have it than actually make an attempt.

And there's nothing profane in referring to the portion of your anatomy that you sit on.

As I said, you'd rather whine than make any new attempts. Couldn't possibly be that maybe a different person would catch your request and might have different results. Impossible that going through a different part of the agency would be able to find something the first one didn't. Much better to complain about how bad you have it than actually make an attempt.

And there's nothing profane in referring to the portion of your anatomy that you sit on.

Not interested in arguing. The word is profane. If you read post #28 I said OVR tried to help me. That's not a complaint against OVR. I've been on this forum 17 hours straight , asking questions , responding the best I can , do I seem like someone who doesn't want to get off their behind?

Just leave it alone , it's not worth the aggravation. You missjudged me.

You are completely missing the point. Okay, they couldn't help you two years ago. Does that mean that a different rep, looking today, is guaranteed to get the same result? NO. It DOESN'T. I know that for a fact and from experience. But you won't even try.

Back