All my furniture

Status
Not open for further replies.

chap3161

I'll make this short. I had to turn myself into jail for 128 days. I had a friend that was supposed to stay there and take care of the house as far as bills and mortgage. Well i end up losing the house. So he goes and gets a rent house and takes all my stuff and sets up his new place. Tell me why he thinks its his? He didn't even offer me a place to stay and seemed offended when i ask for a key because i was going there to shower and change. Remember he has all my stuff. I'm trying not to catch a case. Help please!!

I'll make this short. I had to turn myself into jail for 128 days. I had a friend that was supposed to stay there and take care of the house as far as bills and mortgage. Well i end up losing the house. So he goes and gets a rent house and takes all my stuff and sets up his new place. Tell me why he thinks its his? He didn't even offer me a place to stay and seemed offended when i ask for a key because i was going there to shower and change. Remember he has all my stuff. I'm trying not to catch a case. Help please!!

Can you PROVE it is your stuff?

Then, sue the thief!!!!

That is the ONLY legitimate way you'll get your stuff back, unless he gives in to reason!

He has your stuff, because he took it.

You could always ask the local police to go to his house to retrieve your stuff.

If they go, you might get 10-15 minute sto get some of your stuff.

Be prepared to PROVE to the police (if they agree to do a civil standby) that you're taking your stuff.

This happens more in rural areas, and small Texas towns.

The County Sheriff or local constable will sometimes accommodate you.

Otherwise, get ready to sue the dude.

And, be advised, that may not work, either!!!

At least you know where your stuff is. Your friend had no obligation to care for your belongings and could have simply left them behind. No telling what a landlord may have done with it- especially if any money was owed.

Its going to be hard to prove. Due to the fact he was the one to move all my stuff the threw away alot of papers and mails including invoices. Maybe on purpose or accident. The only thing i may have is a letter that was sent stating not to worry that he had taken everything out and that my stuff was safe. And my neighbor witnessing him moving my stuff out. I don't know he tries voiding the conversion. I told him i was in the process of getting a rent house and will be needing my stuff back. I told him it was a heads up so he can make plans to get his own furniture. Then he like oh we going to have to talk. Hmmm no theres nothing to talk about its my stuff point blank i just don't wanna get into trouble in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back