Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse all evidence to the contrary, PTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadie1234

I was detained by police on a different matter, carrying my own medication with me. I began doing this after it had been stolen. Since I cannot afford a safe, and locks don't stop thieves, I hide half my meds in a pouch in my purse. I didnt know that I shouldn't carry my own meds. When i went to court i met a public defender, discussed my ignorance of the law, I offered legitimate prescriptions for the "dangerous substance", and asked that the charge be removed. I was railroaded in and out in 10 minutes, told that the prosecutor probably wouldn't listen but he the pd, would talk with him. Said I was pleading not guilty, I get PTI, and that was that. I was shuffled thru, nothing I discussed or gave to my pd was mentioned..I was given PTI, 40 hours of community service, with a probation officer, and an unaffordable fine. I was told to write a letter to the judge, with my medication history, letters from the oerscrib e r, as the charge clearly states without a perscription or given by a medical proffesional. I even have a letter from the dr.

I want the charge gone and the fine gone. The rest of it is subterfuge, But the substance charge shouldn't be there. Was i advised correctly. I can't afford the fines, or the anxieties. I'm disabled by enough. Please respond quickly as timing is everything. Sadie

I was detained by police on a different matter, carrying my own medication with me. I began doing this after it had been stolen. Since I cannot afford a safe, and locks don't stop thieves, I hide half my meds in a pouch in my purse.
Why didn't you just bring the whole bottle with you instead of dumping half of them in your purse?

I want the charge gone and the fine gone. The rest of it is subterfuge, But the substance charge shouldn't be there. Was i advised correctly. I can't afford the fines, or the anxieties. I'm disabled by enough. Please respond quickly as timing is everything. Sadie
If you plead "not guilty" how is it that you have fines and community service? Did you go to trial and lose?

What does your lawyer say?

And what is the code section you were charged with?

Yeah, no one cares, especially if you tell a ridiculous lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back