Alimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melinia

I recently learned that my husband has been lying to me about his income. Last year he took a new position as an apprentice at his job and said he was taking a large paycut. He told me we basically made the same amount of money. He was lying. Yes, he did take a paycut but we don't make anywhere the same amount of money! I signed the divorce papers saying I would not seek Alimony thinking we made the same amount of money. Is it to late to ask for it now? Thank you for your help.

Explain why you think that if he took a paycut that you would now be somehow eligible for alimony?!

I am unclear on your reasoning.

How long were you married for? If it was a short marriage you might not even qualify for alimony.

Since the divorce is already done there probably is not much you can do. See an attorney and they can tell you whether or not this is worth pursuing.

Explain why you think that if he took a paycut that you would now be somehow eligible for alimony?!

I thought we made the same amount of money. So I figured I wouldn't go after him for the alimony. Now I find out he still makes much more than I do.

I have to sell my home and move into an efficency apartment! I don't think that is fair. He took a pay cut but not as much as he made it out to be!

Okay, but I doubt that you can convince a judge using your reasoning.

Again how long were you married for?

Just because he made more than you does not mean you were eligible for alimony.

Do you have kids together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back