Alienation of affection - daughter in law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurtingbadly

I am in MS and we do have this law still active here.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can be sucessful suing a daughter in law
who has destroyed my relationship with my family ?

You do not give enough details for someone to answer that question. However saying that consider this: Suing your daughter in-law would alienate you from them even more. What would you hope to accomplish by taking this action? Your son is a grown man and makes his own decisions and could have a relationship with you if he wanted to. We have a similar situation in my family where my sister-in-law causes our family much grief. However, my brother, despite his wife's objections, maintains a relationship with our mother. They meet at his office when she is in town, she only calls him at his office and sends mail to him there and he calls her from time to time. My point is about your son and his decisions regarding the alienation. I am sorry for your troubles and maybe you can do what my brother and mom do.

You generally sue someone for alienation of affection if they have had an affair with your spuse.

This hardly exists anymore. It is near impossible to sue and to win because both people are equally responsible for the affair.

suing your DIL does not make much sense though. If your son is married to her, then he is part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back