alamony

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've given us no information to work with.

So let's start with the basics:

How long have your been married?

How much do you earn? How much does the spouse earn?

The theory behind "all-a-money" is, in our history the male has earned the larger amount out of the family. So, when the woman was ready to seperate, the male had to support her. I believe that we are barely scratching the surface to reverse this and/or establish a level playing field. There is still a fraction of women who make equal or more than men. Research spousal support case law. See if there is a change in the dynamics of this attitude by the courts.

The theory behind "all-a-money" is, in our history the male has earned the larger amount out of the family. So, when the woman was ready to seperate, the male had to support her. I believe that we are barely scratching the surface to reverse this and/or establish a level playing field. There is still a fraction of women who make equal or more than men. Research spousal support case law. See if there is a change in the dynamics of this attitude by the courts.

And this is relevant how?

Disagreeable, I think OP is asking, basically, "Can a wife be ordered to pay alimony or is it just the husbands who get stuck with it?".

;)

It is quite common for wife's to be order to pay spousal support most states follow something known as guideline support which takes into account length of marriage, income, debts, etc California using a program called dissomaster. So the short answer to your question is yes wives can be ordered to pay spousal support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back