Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion aggravated robbery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrilynne

My son's house was robbed on Saturday morning while he and his family were sleeping. They woke up to someone pointing a gun in their face. My son and his family recognized the man. They called the police, and they arrested him within the hour. The man not my son. When everything settled down he happened to look at his cell phone, and noticed he had a missed call. The 3 idiots that planned the robbery had called to see if he was home, and forgot to hang up the phone. All of the conversation was on voice mail. The police department has a recording of all of this. The man whose phone it was and a voice i.d.. But he was questioned and released. Also the girl who drove them with full knowledge of what was going to happen, has stepped forward and admitted to who was in the car was questioned and released. My question is who do contact to make sure this is not repeated as an act of revenge. Is it our city prosecutor or an attorney? Help I have never had anything like this happed before and not sure what to do. The police are not very forthcoming with that information. Since it happened on a holiday weekend does that matter?

You don't mention the state where this occurred, but no one can guarantee that these thugs won't seek revenge. However, in my experience, revenge is unlikely unless all the parties (including the victim) hung in the same circle and are all hoodlums or criminals in their own right. If they were all associates or even rival gang members of some kind, then the revenge idea becomes more likely, though still slim.

It is a crime to try and intimidate a witness. If your son receives any calls or visits from people about this, he needs to call the police. When it goes to trial, he can ask for the court to impose a protective order of some kind (as permitted by your unnamed state's laws) so as to prevent any contact by the defendants.

- Carl

robbery

We live in Ohio. A small town, that has been unindated with drugs. The 2 men (19 and 20 years old) were his friends at one time. He has not hung out with them in 2 years. Thank you for the information about reporting the harrassment. It has been happening from the girlfriend of the one. Calls started within 2 hours after he was picked up. The lies and the stories are flying all around town. I have told my son to just keep his mouth shut and let the police handle everything. But now with the one out his family just has no piece of mind. They rent and our fearful of staying there.

We live in Ohio. A small town, that has been unindated with drugs. The 2 men (19 and 20 years old) were his friends at one time. He has not hung out with them in 2 years.
This association could make retaliation more likely. It is rarer in stranger situations. In this case, the suspects know the victim and the victim's associates, and third hand threats can be made with greater ease and less risk to the parties directly involved.

It has been happening from the girlfriend of the one. Calls started within 2 hours after he was picked up.
The police should have been notified immediately. They SHOULD be notified if any threats or statements are made in an effort to exact retribution or dissuade them from testifying.

The lies and the stories are flying all around town.
I, too, live and work in a small town. Most such rumors are greatly exaggerated if they have any grain of truth at all. We had a strong arm robbery that happened and within a week we heard that gang members from a neighboring city were going to come by and do a take-over home invasion to rape and kill the victim's wife and family. Of course, when we backtracked it, no one actually directly heard any of these threats, they were repeating something that "someone said that someone said that someone heard someone said ..." - that sort of thing.

I have told my son to just keep his mouth shut and let the police handle everything. But now with the one out his family just has no piece of mind. They rent and our fearful of staying there.
If they have that great a fear, perhaps they should stay somewhere else for a time. Unfortunately, there is nothing the police can do to completely protect him. But, I have found that the presence of a very big dog can work wonders!

- Carl

kid will be kid. i agree those kid need to learn a lesson. but i think he will get a probation and you will ruining their life cause they will carry a record.

kid will be kid. i agree those kid need to learn a lesson. but i think he will get a probation and you will ruining their life cause they will carry a record.
Armed robbery is a "kids will be kids" situation? And the victim will be ruining the robber's life?!?! :eek:

Are you SERIOUS!? :eek:

- Carl

two kind of victim, he was a victim of crime and later robber will be victim of society. see what i mean. i am agree with you that he need to be punished for the wrong deed. who am i to judge cause i am a sinner too.

two kind of victim, he was a victim of crime and later robber will be victim of society. see what i mean. i am agree with you that he need to be punished for the wrong deed. who am i to judge cause i am a sinner too.
The robber is not a "victim of society". If anything, he is a victim of his own greed.

He made his own fate in this, and he should pay the piper. With any luck, the thief will see the error of his ways one day.

- Carl

i am not saying i am not agreeing with you that he shouldnt be punish. all i am saying that no one is perfect and he deserve to get punish. it is a serious crime to terrorify your family with a gun.

Are you kidding me. These punks come into my son's house waving a gun, steal his money, and I am supposed to be happy with a slap on the hand. The day this happened one of the kids was in our paper for other kinds of trouble. We spoke with the detective yesterday, and the other one is wanted for questioning in 3 other robberies. I have sat on a jury before, for exactly this same crime. The young man was 21 years old. The judge said don't look at the young man's age or his loving parents. Look at the evidence. My mom always told me "don't do the crime if you don't want the time." Believe it or not I have had only a parking ticket, and that was at our court house during jury duty. I am 44 years old. Being young and stupid last I heard was not a justifiable plea.

You pretty much win the record for giving the worst advice ever on this site. Congrats.

Are you kidding me. These punks come into my son's house waving a gun, steal his money, and I am supposed to be happy with a slap on the hand. The day this happened one of the kids was in our paper for other kinds of trouble. We spoke with the detective yesterday, and the other one is wanted for questioning in 3 other robberies. I have sat on a jury before, for exactly this same crime. The young man was 21 years old. The judge said don't look at the young man's age or his loving parents. Look at the evidence. My mom always told me "don't do the crime if you don't want the time." Believe it or not I have had only a parking ticket, and that was at our court house during jury duty. I am 44 years old. Being young and stupid last I heard was not a justifiable plea.

locked them up and everyone is happy. the natural of this crime is serious and people could get killed but what is a crime stole a sign post from your yard, does he deserve 25 years to life for the crime he did?

locked them up and everyone is happy. the natural of this crime is serious and people could get killed but what is a crime stole a sign post from your yard, does he deserve 25 years to life for the crime he did?
No one is talking about 25+ years for petty theft ... this is armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, burglary, etc.

Locking them up does nothing to make the psychological pain go away - that damage is done and will be around forever. I have no sympathy for such thugs.

- Carl

If they stole a sign post from my yard, and held a gun not 10 feet from me. You betcha. This is not some childhood prank. This is breaking into my son's home with his wife, and son sleeping not 20 feet from the door. It was 1:30 in the morning. I am not sure if you read my post clearly, but it was ARMED ROBBERY. Not stealing a sign from my front yard. Have you ever been in fear of your life. Because let me tell you something. My son and his family have not stayed at my home since this happened. They have gone to work, come to my house, changed clothes, and looked for a new place to live. Now not only do they have to worry about all the other things that go with what happened that night. They are looking at a new deposit, hoping the old landlord doesn't fight them on their lease, and moving in single digit weather. So forgive me if I am just a bit upset. It was not I repeat not a sign in my front yard. It was a gun in my 20 month old grandson's face!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back