age discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdg1

if an employees family member is being treated differently because of age, than other employees families,can any action be taken? thanks in advance..

You'll need to provide a little more detail. In what way is an employee's family member being treated differently and what makes you think it's because of age?

i worked at a rock quarry until recently,while i worked there my foreman told me that i needed to have my mother stop at the office(entrance to the quarry), and that i would have to go there to talk to her,while other employees family members were allowed to drive on by and go to the shop,employee building, etc...nothing was ever mentioned about my girlfriend.my mother is a proud woman and wanted to do something before but didn't want to cause problems for me,they've been looking to get rid of me since i came back from fmla..thanks

How does this have anything to do with age? And where does your girlfriend come into it?

my girlfriend not being mentioned tells me it wasn't something against me,the fact that other employees visitors are always younger,ie; wives,brothers etc..thirdly in a meeting 2 months ago in a meeting between my foreman,the co.h.r. man and myself my foreman said he did this because of "her uh, her uh,safety".the company wide policy says no visitors past the scale house..

So, are you claiming they did this because of your mother's age or because you took FMLA leave?

this i believe firmly was because of her age,they've done other things such as giving me a verbal warning for absenteism on my first day back from fmla..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back