after Grandpa was diagnosed with dementia my aunt made herself P.O.A against his

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizieone

My aunt took control over grandpa after he was already diagnosed with dementia. Retired Senior Master Sergeant U.S.A.F Grandpa started a bank account for me when I was born and for 37 years he direct deposited $ for me. It was to be paid upon death.Grandpa and I were close. My dad died when I was very young and Grandpa of course stepped in. My aunt never had the time of day for Grandpa and when he was most vulnerable she went and took control of everything disolving my account. And to boot there was an insurance policy and I was the beneficiary that no longer exist. She wont even let anybody see a copy of the trust. nor tell us the name of the attorney whom handled the trust. There is alot of Drama in this and without going into detail I know if this goes to probate my aunt is in alot of trouble. She's a convicted felon and I know she's not scared of a little time. I cant afford a lawyer. My mom and other aunt are waiting to see the trust, thats gonna magiclly drop out of the sky, before they consider probate. any suggestions

Yes, stay out of it.

Your aunt is his daughter.

She (and her siblings) are the heirs.

You would only have a legal claim to an inheritance if your mother was deceased. Your mother lives and retains that right.

You, legally take nothing. If you believe fraud is involved, speak with your mother, and have her hire a lawyer.

You have no legal claim in this matter.

Like I said there is a lot of drama involved that I did not post. My aunt could care less about my grandfather. Him and I were very close when he would come to town I would reach out to my mom and my aunts to see grandpa. But my mom aunt 1 aunt ashamed because they were high as a kite but the one who took control never cared she said she really didn't want to hurt Antibes feeling but she don't want to see him. She spent more time and showed more interest in proving her dad was another man. It wasn't until she heard he had dementia my grandmother :gold digger: paid the air fare to Honolulu so she can take control. My grandpa couldn't stand my grandma. And my grandma was the puppet master. When my aunt had grandpa she never returned phone calls I wanted to see my grandpa but didn't know where she lived. Online I found an adress for her ex husband in Los Angeles and invited myself over. She lied to us and said he was doing great and they were planning a trip to San Diego but never came meanwhile he really was on his deathbed. When I heard he wasn't doing good I called and she told me I wouldn't make it in time because she was gonna pull the plug on him the night before.she told my mom that if sho up in LA shed call the police on me why? I'm not at all hostile. She never put an obituary in the paper for him. She made a cd of his so called life and left all the good years out of it only showing the last year of his life.very last pic was of him dead. 'jobs done' In Hawaii she through everything he owned in the trash. He lived with his girlfriend almost 40 years of life never married because my grandma spoiled it and being a devote catholic since he was divorced he never remarried.my aunt through her out she said she's only been with him all these years for his $. Wow who was getting into his money! My grandpa didn't have a will but he did open an account for me when I was born my aunt s mom all seen the paperwork. He had almost $200,000 in his personal account when she got to Hawaii a condo valued at $300,000 in Oahu and he still received his monthly retirement checks till the day he died last I heard over $5,000 a month. For what reason legally does she have taking my account. I was the only relative period whom he made sure when he passed I would have that. Sure she is he legal heir and his $200,000 cash and $300,000 condo weren't enough for her. She legally can take my little $30,000. She didn't divide his bank account for my smom and aunt she kept all that. She heartless my gra ndpa spent his life staring across the ocean thinking of his family abroad. He gave up on the daughters years and years befor he died. He was pissed when they showed up in Hawaii. Because he knew it was just for his money.

Okay, none of that changes the facts, OP.

You are not an heir.

You have no legal claim to anything, unless you discover a will that names you to be an heir to something. When you do, you can contact a lawyer and/or the police. Until you do, you have no legal claim to anything.

If you doubt that, contact a lawyer and ask him or her.

I agree with what the army judge said.

Lawyers cost alot of money, I hope you make a wise choice getting one!

Closing this thread started 9-30-11 - thread has been answered & received add'l. replies 6-5-12 & 1-5-14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back