Africans claim Ukrainians Are Not Allowing Blacks to Evacuate War Torn Nation

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Europe
Race is apparently a factor for people trying to flee Ukraine as fighting rages following Russia's invasion on Feb. 24.

African students and migrant workers have been sharing stories with reporters and on social media alleging Ukrainian authorities denied them entry onto buses and trains because of the color of their skin.

"Some people have gone to get buses, but they're not allowing Black people basically onto the buses. They're prioritizing Ukrainians. That's what they say," Korrine Sky, an African student in Ukraine, told Business Insider.

Related Story:'DWTS' Alum Maksim Chmerkovskiy Shares Tearful Videos From Ukraine After Russian Invasion

Another person told South African news publication News24 that there's a "black line" for evacuees of color.

"We have Congolese people stuck for two days and had their passports taken away. This morning, students were beaten because they didn't stand in the 'black line'," Ukraine Crisis Evacuation Committee member Lorraine Blauw told News24. Blauw described the treatment of Africans as "horrible."

"These soldiers have taken it upon themselves to let the Ukrainian women and children go first and to let our people be stuck with no shelter, food or water," she added.

Some Africans who did manage to escape said they were turned away at the Polish border because of a "no blacks" policy. One student who uses the Twitter handle @nzekiev tweeted video Saturday night of soldiers pointing guns at a group of Black evacuees who repeatedly shouted "we don't have arms."

The video included the caption, "Watch how they are threatening to shoot us! We are currently at the Ukraine -Poland border. Their police and army refused to let Africans cross, they only allow Ukrainian. Some have slept here for two days under this scorching cold weather, while many have gone back to Lviv."

Watch how they are threatening to shoot us!

We are currently at the Ukraine -Poland border.
Their Police and Army refused to let Africans cross they only allow Ukrainian.

Some have slept here for 2 days under this scorching cold weather, while many have gone back to Lviv.

https://t.co/47YG4gxFC4

— Nze (@nzekiev) February 27, 2022

News24 posted video online WATCH | Pushed, shoved and 'shot at': South Africans fleeing Ukraine claim poor treatment at border | News24

Sunday from a South African student which purportedly shows Black people being separated from Ukrainians at the Polish border. A woman narrating the video said, "We're being pushed, we're being shoved. We are denied access and there are so many of us compared to the Ukrainians. The Ukrainians get special treatment while the Africans are waiting outside in the cold in big herds."

Some Nigerian nationals said they contacted the Nigerian embassy in Kyiv for help, but have so far been ignored by their own government.

"There has been no embassy response," Anjola Ero-Phillips, president of the Nigerian Students Union in Lviv, told Al Jazeera. "All they say is check the website and the last update on the website is Jan. 26. Everybody is absolutely on their own."

According to published reports, thousands of students from Egypt, Nigeria, and Morocco are studying engineering and medicine in Ukraine because it's cheaper than attending universities in Western Europe and the United States.

https://urbanhollywood411.com/2022/...ukraine-report-being-told-no-blacks-on-buses/

"Scorching cold weather"?

Oxymoron time...
Loud Whisper, Original Copy, Student Teacher, Poor Health, Small Crowd, Jumbo Shrimp, Working Vacation, Military Intelligence, Soft Rock, Unconscious Awareness, & Steel Wool; now we can add: Scorching Cold!!!!

I think this whole thing may well be more along the lines of they aren't letting any males between 18-60 leave the country. I saw a couple of videos last night where very white males weren't being allowed on trains in interior cities to make room for the women and children.

I think this whole thing may well be more along the lines of they aren't letting any males between 18-60 leave the country. I saw a couple of videos last night where very white males weren't being allowed on trains in interior cities to make room for the women and children.

If an 18 to 60 year old male were blind, a deviant - as in child molester or rapist, deaf mute, confined to a wheelchair, had MS, was declared insane, had an IQ of 45, had one arm, had one leg, was only 5 feet tall, had visual acuity CORRECTED of 20/600, was mentally ill, was drug addict, had only one lung, had one kidney, etc...

There is more to males between 18-60 than just being a male in that age range.

As far as I can determine, the African author seems to be female.

The original Tweet was from a guy...

...at least I hope that is a guy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.37.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.37.59 AM.png
    693.5 KB · Views: 1
The original Tweet was from a guy...

...at least I hope that is a guy.

The thread has additional links and tweets, some of them by females.

African students fleeing the Russian invasion say they have been prevented from crossing to Poland due to a 'Ukrainians first' policy

That revealed, the complaint emanated from a female.

I also doubt that Ukraine has at most very small percentage of citizenry from African descent.

Ukraine Population 2022 (Demographics, Maps, Graphs)

"Some people have gone to get buses, but they're not allowing Black people basically onto the buses. They're prioritizing Ukrainians. That's what they say," Korrine Sky, an African student in Ukraine, told Business Insider.

There is a difference between giving priority to Ukranians, and not allowing Black people onto the busses.

There is a difference between giving priority to Ukranians, and not allowing Black people onto the busses.

Apparently the Africans see it one way, the Ukrainians see it another way.

Life is such a conundrum, isn't it?

Somehow I feel this is almost like a social experiment. Trial run for when this happens here, Elites want to see what will happen and expectations for the second American civil war. Seems too staged and orchestrated.

Somehow I feel this is almost like a social experiment. Trial run for when this happens here, Elites want to see what will happen and expectations for the second American civil war. Seems too staged and orchestrated.
Oh brother

Then why don't you fly over there for a vacation and take a walk around Kyiv since you aren't part of the script you should be fine.

ETA So something good comes out of this thread detur: When did they change the spelling of Kiev to Kyiv?

Then why don't you fly over there for a vacation and take a walk around Kyiv since you aren't part of the script you should be fine.

ETA So something good comes out of this thread detur: When did they change the spelling of Kiev to Kyiv?

What am I Sean Penn? Why would I fly over there, I never thought the USA would fail in my lifetime. I will fight/ die to protect my way of life, values, morals, and property. I doubt the USA can survive another 10 years. Urban warfare similar to Ukraine will happen here so it mirrors the situation.

I have my protection, survival skills, can live off land, wildlife and fish, not dependent on the government. Me and my family will be just fine.

What am I Sean Penn? Why would I fly over there, I never thought the USA would fail in my lifetime. I will fight/ die to protect my way of life, values, morals, and property. I doubt the USA can survive another 10 years. Urban warfare similar to Ukraine will happen here so it mirrors the situation.

I have my protection, survival skills, can live off land, wildlife and fish, not dependent on the government. Me and my family will be just fine.
Africans claim Ukrainians Are Not Allowing Blacks to Evacuate War Torn Nation

Okay so they are not allowing them to leave due to women and children first? or are they foreign national visa students who should just go to their embassy to evacuate the country?

Back