Other Immigration Law Affidavit of Support for GC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckusmaximus

Hi there,

I am an Englishman here on a B2 tourist visa which currently expires on Jan 15th. My gf and I getting married and she is willing to sponsor me for a Green Card the problem is with income. I am about to become qualified as a commercial pilot/flight Instructor here in the states and have been offered a job in writing subject to becoming "legal" to work here. My wife to be only worked part time so only has $14k annual income on her tax returns for the past 3 yrs and there will be 4 of us living at our house which I understand to mean she needed to have earned $22k in order to qualify at 125% above poverty.

My questions are-
1. based on a $14k annual salary, what $$$ amount would I need to have as assets for us to meet criteria (I could maybe borrow that ammount from my parents and have it on my bank statement etc and give it back to them after the GC is issued) OR would they accept my letter of employment which has my starting salary of $2500 a month on it?
2. We are getting married in December so if we file for the GC in December would I need to extend my B2 to avoid having to return to the UK on Jan 15th or would I automatically change status? (ie. how long does it take?)

Thank you very much! :)

Consult with an immigration attorney to see what other options you have regarding how to approach the visa extension or the GC application. Income restrictions can be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back