Affidavit of Preference

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven1407

I am representing myself.........had 4 attorneys before and got no where. I go to court on Friday Jan 16th regarding visitation. My son 13 and my daughter 10 lives with their dad. We currently live in the same town. My son has lived with me before but his dad decided to take him back. My son has been in counceling for over a year now and has expressed to her and his dad that he wants to live with me. I want him with me. Problem/question is will the judge frown on the fact that I am bringing my son to court(he requested) on Friday so that he can request to speak to the judge in his chambers. He wants to have a voice he says. I know that the judge will not allow him to live with me b/c of seperating him from his sister and the fact that I am moving out of state next month due to job relocation. Where do I get the form for the "affidavit of preference"
This is what I am presenting to the judge. My son is very certain and sincere about which parent he wants to live with. I do understand that only when the child has a genuine and voluntarily desire to speak with the judge should it be considered. With that being said, he is requesting in his affidavit for you to speak with him in your chambers privately, so that he can speak freely without fear of displeasing one parent or the other.
I need some advise please??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back