Other Immigration Law Advice on I 130 petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIKGHAI

I am a green card holder. i had filed I 130 petition for my wife in March 2006. Thereaffter my daughter was born in april 2007 and I filed a separate I 130 petition for my daughter in June 2007. Now my wife's petition is approved and she is going to appear for visa interview in couple of months. However, my daughter case is still pending. I need advice to find out the ways i can ensure that my daughter can travel along with my wife. Is there a solution???????

Your wife should take proof of the child's birth when she goes for her interview.

The hearing officer can amend the petition on the spot.

That way, your daughter will be allowed to travel with your wife.

Thanks for the advise. The case is under review at NVC. Shall i get in touch with NVC to amend the petition of my wife? Also, since i have filed a separate I 130 for my daughter so is it necessary that I withdraw the petition of my daughter first before getting the petition of my wife amended? Or I can first make the amendment and then withdraw my daughter's petition? Your help will be highly appreciated

Thanks for the advise. The case is under review at NVC. Shall i get in touch with NVC to amend the petition of my wife? Also, since i have filed a separate I 130 for my daughter so is it necessary that I withdraw the petition of my daughter first before getting the petition of my wife amended? Or I can first make the amendment and then withdraw my daughter's petition? Your help will be highly appreciated

The easiest way to approach this si to amend your wife's petition.

But, she can do this at her hearing.

All she has to do is bring the baby and her birth certificate.

You could amend in advance of that hearing, if you desire.

Either way, as long as you are the father and she is the mother, there should be no issue.

Both of your names must be on her birth certificate.

If need be, it must also be translated into English by a certified translation service (approved by the Embassy).

I 130 Petition

Thanks for the help and advise. I will approach the NVC and amend my wife's petition to get her name on my wife's petition. After that I will withdraw my daughter's I 130 petition. I hope it works out well Nay chance you can give me ur email address in case in need ur help any further...........

The easiest way to approach this si to amend your wife's petition.

But, she can do this at her hearing.

All she has to do is bring the baby and her birth certificate.

You could amend in advance of that hearing, if you desire.

Either way, as long as you are the father and she is the mother, there should be no issue.

Both of your names must be on her birth certificate.

If need be, it must also be translated into English by a certified translation service (approved by the Embassy).

Thanks for the help and advise. I will approach the NVC and amend my wife's petition to get her name on my wife's petition. After that I will withdraw my daughter's I 130 petition. I hope it works out well Nay chance you can give me ur email address in case in need ur help any further...........

Sorry, if you need additional assistance, you should hire a lawyer.

I'm not licensed to practice law in MA.

I-130 question

Hello,

I am a Canadian. My wife was sponsored to US in 1993 under PIP program (her brother sponsored her father and her) did not get a green card and got married to me in 1997 and moved to Canada in the same year. She's now a Canadian.

My father in law filed an I-130 for her and my family in 2006 and just received a notice saying "The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the US and will apply for adjustment of status. the information submitted with the petition shows that the person for whom you are petitioning is not eligible to file an adjustment of status application at this time". Was it because of my wife previous status? What should we do now?

Thanks,
td

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back