Advice Needed

rg0194

Hi everyone, i'm not good at explaining things but I will try my best.

Basically my ex girlfriend has 2 kids with another guy (her ex), and she is currently pregnant with my kid. He is an alcoholic and very violent person though, who has hit her a lot of times, but she's too scared to do much about it and still wants him to be a part of his own 2 kids lives. But i don't want him anywhere near my kid when he/she comes along, is there any way i can make sure he can't? It's a lot more complicated than it sounds, he has also assaulted me and got away with it, and she's currently living with him with her 2 kids for the time being as she has got nowhere else to stay, which is making me paranoid and worried sick about the baby.

There's a lot of other stuff as well, but as I said i'm terrible at explaining so that's the gist of it. Main thing i need to know is if it's possible to stop him from being near my kid once he/she is born. Thanks.

Hi everyone, i'm not good at explaining things but I will try my best.

Basically my ex girlfriend has 2 kids with another guy (her ex), and she is currently pregnant with my kid. He is an alcoholic and very violent person though, who has hit her a lot of times, but she's too scared to do much about it and still wants him to be a part of his own 2 kids lives. But i don't want him anywhere near my kid when he/she comes along, is there any way i can make sure he can't? It's a lot more complicated than it sounds, he has also assaulted me and got away with it, and she's currently living with him with her 2 kids for the time being as she has got nowhere else to stay, which is making me paranoid and worried sick about the baby.

There's a lot of other stuff as well, but as I said i'm terrible at explaining so that's the gist of it. Main thing i need to know is if it's possible to stop him from being near my kid once he/she is born. Thanks.

You are free to take your issues before the judge who issued your custody or support order.
Absent any such orders, your remedy lies in some family court room.
If the dude is no threat to your child, other than being a former convict, prone to violence, maybe abusing drugs' NO court is going to act until someone is hurt.

So, your BATNA (best alternative to negotiated agreement) is seek custody yourself.

Again, don't expect much action, albeit its your right to go to court, meaning very little will change just because she's bedding and boffing a bum.

Once the child is born & paternity testing proves the child is yours, you can go to court & try to seek custody. (or whatever the judge will grant)

Back