advice needed....please help...annulment issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emotionalstress

I got married here in the Phillippines with a filipino who is based in the US. 4 years ago I found out that he is living in with someone and already have a child. Honestly, I dont know what rights do I have or maybe charges can I make against him since Im here in the Philippines. I already informed him that we should get an annulment but I dont think its something that he wants to do, its seems he is not interested with fixing our status...I dont who to ask or what to do about this... I need your advice...thank you

emotionalstress said:
I got married here in the Phillippines with a filipino who is based in the US. 4 years ago I found out that he is living in with someone and already have a child. Honestly, I dont know what rights do I have or maybe charges can I make against him since Im here in the Philippines. I already informed him that we should get an annulment but I dont think its something that he wants to do, its seems he is not interested with fixing our status...I dont who to ask or what to do about this... I need your advice...thank you

Start with your local police agency or public prosecutor. You can have him charged with bigamy. During that process you will be shown how to remedy your situation.

You aren't legally married. But, the marriage must be ruled illegal by a court and either a divorce or annulment will follow.

Bon chance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back