adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

denshaf

I had twins 19 yrs ago. We were able to keep one of our sons. The other son we had to give up for adoption. In this case we were told by DHS of Austin Tx. We had to come up with an extra $2000 per month to take care of our other son ( the one we gave up). Both boys were on Medicaid. I am now curious after these 19 yrs, could we have been lied too? It's not just for now-but these past 19 yrs. have been hard not knowing-Was it because we could not afford lawyer? Did we just trust DHS- to much! Was it because the foster parents wanted our son? And they get their way. They did adopt our son! Was this action of the $2000 leagal in 1984? The reason our son was in a foster home was cause of medical problems. The boys were borned very premature. I was learning how to give all medicines and breathing treatments. I have a large O2 tank set up at the house. Ready for the other son to come home. Then DHS told us about the extra money we needed every month. This when they (DHS) informed us the only thing we could do is give our son up for adoption! Sincerely, Denise- still worried after all these years!:confused:

I don't know exactly what happened in 1984 and all the specifics. I'm not sure what remedy you are seeking and whether fraud, if it occurred, could be proven to a reasonable degree. You may need to retrieve all documentation you can that the state has surrounding your case -- but remember that it is a long time ago and this may prove to be a difficult endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back