adopting my neice and nephew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doris143

Hello, my fiance and i are wanting to adopt my neice and nephew. first off my sister has 5 kids all were adopted out but 2... the two are staying foster care with the grandparents of 2 other of the kids that they have adopted... but they don't want to adopt the other 2 because they're not their real grandbabies. So we're wanting to attempt adopting them 2 when we find a better and bigger place. I work at a store job, and my fiance is an appliance man. my sister is abused and held at gun point many times but she's dumb and don't want to leave him, that is why the kids were taken away. my sister is happy that we want to adopt them two.. my fiance is 26 and i am 20. is it possible to adopt my neice and nephew? and if so how do i start and get through the process? i have raised them since they were babies, i've always taken care of them, and i know what they need and want....

You need to speak with an attorney.

With the children being in foster placement, this is a little more complicated than a 'regular' adoption and it's not something you should try without an attorney. The father will also need to be involved.

Good luck!

(You may also find that you'll have to either get married, or do a single-parent adoption)

thank you so much for your help... but the father isn't in the childrens life anymore... but i'll def do so and thank you.. im going to need the luck... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back