administrative leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

resslejo

I have been put on admin leave back on 9/24/13. When this was done, I was given no explanation other than to say that someone made a complaint. I was not told what the complaint was or even who it was that made the complaint. Since then it has been 5 days and I have not heard from anyone as to what is happening and no investigation has been initiated to look into this matter and no one has told me anything or asked me anything. What are my rights in this matter?

FYI, just because no one has contacted you does not mean there is no investigation initiated. There is more to an investigation than talking to you.

You have the right to apply for unemployment if this is an unpaid leave. You have the right to begin looking for other work in the event that you are ultimately fired.

If you are wondering how long this leave can last, the answer is indefinitely. If you are wondering when they have to tell you what is going on, the answer is never.

Rights,you have few rights insofar as any job is concerned, except to be paid for ALL work performed.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
You will just have to wait & see if you hear from someone. You might consider applying for UI (if you are not getting paid) though there is a 1 week waiting period in your state before benefits are payable & possibly start looking for other employment.

5 days is not really that long to have not heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back