Adjustment of Status

aaqm

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the adjustment of status since my lawyer's are not answering my questions or taking action with my petition.
I'm 21 years old and I fall into my mother's petition that she has through her brother. My family and I have had two adjustment of status interviews, one was in 2012 and were told we were approved and just waiting visa dates - however a year and a half later the petition was denied and we lost our status, my father went to jail during this time and faced deportation in 2014, in that year we got a new lawyer, the judge presiding over my father's case decided to drop the order of deportation and the new lawyer took this as a chance to reapply for an adjustment of status to get a green card, we had that interview on December of 2015. We have not heard an answer back yet, the interviewer said that she would consult with her supervisor for an answer since she thought that my family needed to pay for a waiver to pardon our overstay, and that she would give our case priority for an answer. Its Jan of 2017 and we haven't heard an answer back, the lawyer's tried to contact USCIS to find out why it was taking a long time, the only answer they heard back was that the case was in another state and no longer in GA and that they were giving priority to petitions that seemed to have a prior criminal record.

My question is, should I try to consult with another lawyer, set up and appointment with a USCIS official and ask them questions regarding the case, or pressure my lawyer to keep on asking USCIS questions about the case.
Or if anyone has any idea what is going on, that would be great to know too, thank you.

Yes, you are always FREE to hire another lawyer.
The entire immigration system is being adjusted, as is its laws.
Immigration to any nation is not a right.
It's an opportunity offered by a nation to select individuals.
It is not now, nor has it ever been open to everyone wanting admission to a country.

That said, if you happen to originate for the sizzling seven actions, your chances to gain admission to the USA are now intensely diminished.

Plus, your father did you no favor.

You're an adult today, so you might try resubmitting your packet alone.

Less is more, these days.

Otherwise, open your world view, the US isn't the greatest nation on the planet, yet.

There are at least 50 other countries that offer freedoms and a peaceful lifestyle that you can attempt to seek, should a nation allow you to enter.

Canada just said they're interested in admitting more people, try Canada.

The truth is that we have no idea what is happening with your case with USCIS. Your immigration attorney is in the best position and should be able to give you an honest answer as to what is taking such a long time. Considering that Donald Trump is now the president of the United States and he has a vastly different agenda than former President Obama, you can expect that there may be many changes occurring. Even some of my colleagues who are immigration attorneys aren't quite sure. Good luck to you.

Back