Additional Holder being charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

magareb

Good Afternoon

I had/have a target card with a previous girlfriend that was was allowed to run up and go in collections. I was only an additional card holder on the account. She was the primary account holder. I reached out to her and let her know the Marshall's contacted my place of employment to have my wages garnished. She states she has not been contacted and doesn't know why they would contact me. Can they do this? Can I just give them her info? I never signed forms to be a co-applicant. She already had the card long before she put me on. Also, I gave her back the card 3+ years ago. Please advise.

We're you only a user on her account, or did you agree to become a de facto co-signer/guarantor?

You need not answer.

You do need to do your research to determine your rights.

If you were only a user, youre probably an unintended target.

But, Target isn't suing you or her.

A bottom feeding, scavenger debt collector is behind this scheme.

If you were only an authorized user (and not a guarantor) on her account, you can wait until you're served and defend on the merits.

If the negative is true, they can sue one or both of you.

The one left out could then go after the other one to get the costs apportioned.

But, how much us involved here?

I'm guessing $300, maybe $500.

You might want to speak to her about this.

Ask her to step up, or you're gonna turn the dogs lose on her. Tell her you're not going down alone.

I wish that low..10,600.62. From her account on the Target website it asked for additional cardholder. This is where she put my name (willingly) so that I too could use the account. It never stated anything about me being an equal card holder nor did I have to see any under writing stating anything about me being responsible for the account. We only submitted my name for a card to come in my name. However I will do some more digging because unfortunately I never thought to make sure my name was removed. I simply returned the card to her.

P.S. just thought about this. If I was never served, then how are they able to have me garnished AND I am not the primary card holder? What can I do to put an immediate stop to this?

Last edited:
I wish that low..10,600.62. From her account on the Target website it asked for additional cardholder. This is where she put my name (willingly) so that I too could use the account. It never stated anything about me being an equal card holder nor did I have to see any under writing stating anything about me being responsible for the account. We only submitted my name for a card to come in my name. However I will do some more digging because unfortunately I never thought to make sure my name was removed. I simply returned the card to her.

P.S. just thought about this. If I was never served, then how are they able to have me garnished AND I am not the primary card holder? What can I do to put an immediate stop to this?

These creeps often LIE about serving you.

They are crooked, devious, diabolical, and evil.

That said, I would immediately stop communicating with them.

Do not answer their calls or letters.

Go missing in a hurry.

Change your number, IF you have to do so to protect the innocent, YOU!!!!

Tell the old cow that set you up, that you're gonna give her up, unless she writes a letter exonerating you!

If she writes the letter, save it, in case you end up in court.

If you weren't served, your employer won't allow any wage attachments.

I suspect they are bluffing, trying to get at her.

I wouldn't give her up, unless she refuses to exonerate you!

Then, only give her up to get them off of you!

Let them play out their hand.

Whatever is gonna happen, is gonna happen.

Sometimes you just have to be patient and await the first shot!!!

It seems that unless they can produce your signature on a contract you should have nothing to worry about. They don't even have an application for you.
Like any other collector they will simply try to scare you into submission, but are completely harmless if you just leave them alone. Pretend they don't exist until you receive a summons to court.

OK..But remember as previously stated, my job notified me that they rec'd a letter from the Marshall (which I will have a copy faxed to me this morning) to have my wages garnished. Been going crazy about this all weekend. Do I wait to see IF my job is going to do it? My thought was to call them, but wasn't sure of what I need to say? What are my rights?

By now, you know all OP.

Or, you will soon know all.

Get the facts and then determine what you should do.

No need to keep guessing and/or speculating.

If your wages have been levied, I suggest you speak with an attorney. You might be able to sue the cow you used call your woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back