Ad Litem

Mike Lee

Jurisdiction
Texas
Last year, I hire an Ad Litem Attorney for my children during my divorce. I have told this Ad Litem Attorney that my wife have stabbed my son at the beginning of the case, but the Ad Litem Attorney never believed me and even kept letting my children have visitations with their mother. Even worse, the Amicus Attorney even emailed me about forcing my son to stay overnight with his mother. Fortunately, my ex-wife was arrested for aggravated assault to a child. It is my ex-wife's attorney that recommended this Amicus Attorney, not me. My problem is that my current attorney would not want to change the Ad Litem Attorney. Can I file a lawsuit against this Ad Litem Attorney? Thank you so much for reading my case.

Last year, I hire an Ad Litem Attorney for my children during my divorce. I have told this Ad Litem Attorney that my wife have stabbed my son at the beginning of the case, but the Ad Litem Attorney never believed me and even kept letting my children have visitations with their mother. Even worse, the Amicus Attorney even emailed me about forcing my son to stay overnight with his mother. Fortunately, my ex-wife was arrested for aggravated assault to a child. It is my ex-wife's attorney that recommended this Amicus Attorney, not me. My problem is that my current attorney would not want to change the Ad Litem Attorney. Can I file a lawsuit against this Ad Litem Attorney? Thank you so much for reading my case.

You are persistent, bordering on obsessive.
Yes, you can try to file a lawsuit.
If I were you, I'd discuss the matter with YOUR lawyer.
I'd stop asking the same question by changing the facts to get an answer in the affirmative.

Most people would seek the removal of the ad litem attorney for the child by motion before the judge presiding over the current dispute.

I'm not saying that's a good idea.

I'm simply saying that's how you seek the removal of an ad litem attorney.

If you have counsel, you discuss the removal of the ad litem with your counsel.

If you no longer have faith in your counsel, you fire said counsel.

You then retain new or replacement counsel.

Good luck.

Back