Accused of theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was a month away from my 20th year anniversary of working for this company, and got fired for a bank deposit that never cleared the bank a year before. Each night I closed the stoere and for 20 years had to take and nightdrop deposits every single night. I have had a numerous amount of managers and worked with numerous amount of my managers bosses throughtout the years, never had any problems until this last one. Who as soon as he met me said he did not like my personality, he asked 3 different managers i had to fire me because of that, and they all refused because they knew i was a hard worker and he not liking me didn't matter especially since everyone else did like me, and he didnt work with me directly, after them not firing me he demoted them. After being transferred to the last location where i worked there was a lot of problems with he bank deposits clearing the bank (going in late, getting stuck in their nightdrop box etc.).. One particular day the deposit never cleared so then I was questioned about it, I told them i had dropped it off as usual and did not worry about it anymore since I had done the right thing. The bank did an investigation said they were not at fault of course, then my employer did an investigation and decided it was most likely bank error so what was told to me was to not worry about it.
One year later after me STILL taking in deposits every night, my boss' boss shows up one night while i am at work and says he has to let me go because of that missing deposit the year before! He basically accused me of stealing the money, he denied my unemployment, i fought it and won it, after the judge made him see his whole case he thought he had against me was a joke. Now i am worried because im afraid my termination paperwork still says I got fired for that, I just recently asked for a copy of my personnel file, which i am waiting for in the mail, but my question is if there is any legal action i can take against my employer of accusing me of a theft?
Also my girlfriend still works for the company and her boss (the one that fired me) recently found out we were together since he seen my car there a few times, (my girlfriend lives in a company provided apartment, which is considered part of her income) now a personal friend let her know that the boss was sending someone over to do an inspection on her place because he thinks I am living there with her. She feels she is being picked on just because of me, is there anything we can do? Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thank's in advance.

I suggest you distance yourself from this company.
Your presence seems to potentially causing your girlfriend some issues.
You might want to discuss this with her, and determine if you both need to make some changes.

You can speak with 2 or 3 local lawyer for free during the first meeting.
No harm in that, and you might learn something useful, or confirm you need to move to another state.

You can talk to a lawyer(s) but you most likely do not have a case. An employer does not have to have proof to fire you for theft/suspected theft. It's not a court of law.

There may not be much you or your girlfriend can do to keep her from being "picked" on short of you staying away from anything to do with the company or your girlfriend looking for other employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back