Accused of being an accessory

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsanchez

I drove a friend to a cash a check today , problem was that he had stolen his this check from his fathers business and didn't tell me this. He didn't get a chance to cash the check because his father was notified. His father came to my house and interrogated me asking me if i was with him , I lied to him at first and told him i wasn't but then ended up confessing to him that i did drive him to cash the check. He told me that i could be charged with being an accessory to check fraud.Im not sure what to do , I have never had any problems with the law and have a clean record"not even a parking ticket)

Can i be charged when i had no idea what he was doing?

How would I prove this its his sons word against mine,

Should i talk to him and his attorney or get my own?

I'm scared that he will lie and say that i knew or was my idea, can they convict me solely on his word?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I drove a friend to a cash a check today , problem was that he had stolen his this check from his fathers business and didn't tell me this. He didn't get a chance to cash the check because his father was notified. His father came to my house and interrogated me asking me if i was with him , I lied to him at first and told him i wasn't but then ended up confessing to him that i did drive him to cash the check. He told me that i could be charged with being an accessory to check fraud.Im not sure what to do , I have never had any problems with the law and have a clean record"not even a parking ticket)

Can i be charged when i had no idea what he was doing?

How would I prove this its his sons word against mine,

Should i talk to him and his attorney or get my own?

I'm scared that he will lie and say that i knew or was my idea, can they convict me solely on his word?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Never, ever, ever, talk to anyone but YOUR LAWYER about any LEGAL or CRIMINAL matter.

However, since you have already done so, if anyone else comes snooping around do what FORMER PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON did, DENY, DENY, DENY.

Actually, I suggest you simply say you have no comment and advise the person(s) that you will not speak to anyone about anything, UNLESS your lawyer is present.

Then clam up.

No matter what they threaten, do, or say, CLAM UP!

Talking about anything, especially admitting to something NEVER makes it better!

Finbally, you have the RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT.

I suggest you avail yourself of that RIGHT and the RIGHT to an attorney, if necessary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back