Accrued pay after resign, Insurance deduction after coverage ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epmworker

I resigned from my position 12-27-13. My last day was 1-17-14. My health insurance ended 1-31-14. I just finally was able to get my accrued vacation/ holiday pay. The check was dated week ending 2-22-14. There was a deduction for insurance premium and 401k. Is that allowed since my insurance coverage ended? Does this mean I still have insurance?

I resigned from my position 12-27-13. My last day was 1-17-14. My health insurance ended 1-31-14. I just finally was able to get my accrued vacation/ holiday pay. The check was dated week ending 2-22-14. There was a deduction for insurance premium and 401k. Is that allowed since my insurance coverage ended? Does this mean I still have insurance?

I suggest you inquire of your former HR department or employer.

There is no way anyone here would know why anything was deducted or added to your paycheck.

One thing I will point out, is that everyone always assumes that health insurance deductions roll forward, as in, a deduction taken on February 1, for example, is for February 1-14. However, I have never worked for an employer where it worked that way. EVERY place I have ever worked (and I work in Benefits so I can be certain of this) a deduction taken on February 1 would be for January 17 - February 1, or even January 10-24.

So you will definitely want to inquire as to what period that deduction covers. It may not be for the time you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back