Accident with borrowed car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
My truck is in at an auto repair shop and they let me borrow a vehicle. I go t a flat tire, hit a post sign caused some damage to vehicle and airbag deployed. My insurance will not cover the damages because the vehicle is not on my policy. The vehicle is his own, only has liability coverage and not insured with the shop. Now he is wanting over $3000 for a 2002 vehicle.

You would only be legally liable for damage to his truck if you were negligent in causing the accident. An unforeseen flat tire on a borrowed vehicle is not negligence so you aren't responsible for paying. If he doesn't insure vehicles that he loans out to customers that's his problem.

Do you have Collision coverage on your truck? If yes, that would cover a "non-owned" vehicle that you used as a temporary substitute vehicle while yours was in the shop for repairs. If you don't have Collision coverage, there's no help there.

You didn't ask a question, so I'm uncertain what the purpose of your post is. Hope you have the money in your checking account to pay for the damage.

An unforeseen flat tire on a borrowed vehicle is not negligence so you aren't responsible for paying.

The flat tire isn't negligence, but failing to maintain control of the vehicle resulting in further damage might be.

I recall when our children were passing through the 1st-2nd grades.
We didn't teach them equivocation, they acquired that on their own.
We assisted them in expelling that demon, as well as a few others.
Equivocation is lying to evade or avoid telling the truth.

We remediated the errant behavior of our children, thank goodness.

As I peruse these pages I see equivocation, obfuscation, and prevarication proliferating.

The victims of a car accident caused by the careless actions of another can be compensated through legal action. Lawyers understand the local laws regarding a car accident and can effectively assist clients with their case.
Please don't post to old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back