Accident - Car - Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consultaion

Hi, I need help. I drove my steps dads car (now under my name and insured) to work and ended up crashing into a car. Little to minimal dent damage was caused, probably less than 6 inches. The car at the time was insured however I was not in the insurance. Insurance company did not covered the charges. Now, I was told (about 1 month ago) by the insurance company I was to pay an amount of $1451.00. Now I'm being told (today) an extra $681.00 dollars is being added for "supplemental charges". Is this possible? For them to add to the set amount? I need help. What can I do to fight this? I have images of the car the damage was so small you can hardly see it. How is this now worth a total of $2144?.

Hi, I need help. I drove my steps dads car (now under my name and insured) to work and ended up crashing into a car. Little to minimal dent damage was caused, probably less than 6 inches. The car at the time was insured however I was not in the insurance. Insurance company did not covered the charges. Now, I was told (about 1 month ago) by the insurance company I was to pay an amount of $1451.00. Now I'm being told (today) an extra $681.00 dollars is being added for "supplemental charges". Is this possible? For them to add to the set amount? I need help. What can I do to fight this? I have images of the car the damage was so small you can hardly see it. How is this now worth a total of $2144?.

Car repairs these days are very expensive.
You can ask to see the estimate of repairs, and the actual charges.
I'm sure you'll see exactly what the insurance company says.
If you don't pay, you can be sued, and eventually you will be made to pay.

You can try to negotiate the extra $700, by offering to pay $400 and saying you don't have any more to give.

Usually that ploy fails, but you're free to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back