Accident and Citation Issued (general questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXLeaseQuestion

Got in an accident last night, pick up truck ran into the back right side of my car after failing to merge to traffic on the free way.

Apparently the 8 or 9 people shoved into the truck all corroborated their story before the police got their and they listened to them instead of looking at the obvious situation with yield signs etc and where I was hit.

Ended up getting a citation for "unsafe lane change", not worried about the accident already getting that all taken care of.

Is this a standard class c misdemeanor traffic ticket?
I also refused to sign the ticket, was not brought in on my own recognizance for failing to sign.

Can I simply ignore this as I did not sign it and agree to appear before the judge or better to just drop this off at my local traffic ticket attorney's office.

Thank you,

Tarrant County Texas for location

Got in an accident last night, pick up truck ran into the back right side of my car after failing to merge to traffic on the free way.

Apparently the 8 or 9 people shoved into the truck all corroborated their story before the police got their and they listened to them instead of looking at the obvious situation with yield signs etc and where I was hit.

Ended up getting a citation for "unsafe lane change", not worried about the accident already getting that all taken care of.

Is this a standard class c misdemeanor traffic ticket?
I also refused to sign the ticket, was not brought in on my own recognizance for failing to sign.

Can I simply ignore this as I did not sign it and agree to appear before the judge or better to just drop this off at my local traffic ticket attorney's office.

Thank you,

Tarrant County Texas for location

If you choose to ignore the citation, you'll receive a failure to appear and a bench warrant will issue. Your license will eventually be suspended and your insurer will cancel your policy. Yes, you can choose to ignore it, but it will cost you dearly.

You should see if traffic school can cause the citation to be dismissed.

You're lucky you weren't arrested. Usually that is what happens when one refuses to sign.

You could also see an attorney. But, ignoring it will bring you trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back