access to personnel file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sann8

I am a discharged employee in the state of Flordia. I have requested copy's of my personnel file, time sheets, and the contents of any other file kept under my name. My request has been denied?:(:( I would like to know if I am entitled to these documents under the Freedom of Information Act, or Privacy Act??

If you were not an employee of the Federal government then neither the FOIA or the Privacy Act applies; I'm not 100% sure they would apply even if you were, but I am 100% certain they do not apply to the personnel files of private employers.

In Florida, the employer has the right to deny you access to your personnel file if they choose to.

I am a discharged employee in the state of Flordia. I have requested copy's of my personnel file, time sheets, and the contents of any other file kept under my name. My request has been denied?:(:( I would like to know if I am entitled to these documents under the Freedom of Information Act, or Privacy Act??
Why do you feel you need access to the files? CBG is correct Florida law gives the the employer the right to refuse.

To properly document medical conditions leading to a wrongful termination.
Do you have suit pending? If a case of wrongful termination exists the medical records get handed over to your Lawyer at discovery.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think was wrongful about your termination? What law do you think was violated? There is a lot of misinformation about what does and does not create a wrongful term floating around.

The only way to access your personnel file from a private employer is to file a lawsuit against them right? I guess this allows them to write down whatever they want about you and make up whatever lies to cover their tracks. Nurse managers can be vile.

That depends on the state you live in. Some states require access others do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back