Acc 6091-2013 m0509484

Cameron123

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
My car was repossessed sept 13 2013. It was a lemon bought in new London, bad engine problems etc. I argued with Town hill auto with no luck on my side and no one to help. In any event the car was repossessed as it was not running right and I couldn't drive it. I tried to get the information on who repossessed it from the dealership they wouldn't tell me. I can't get info from them and I owe 500.00 on taxes for this car still that I haven't had since sept 13 2013. Please can you help?????

Your local law enforcement agency can tell you who towed the car and where it was taken, however after this long it has likely been sold. It may also be possible that after this long they have purged that information. It is pretty late to be trying to find the car.
Regardless where the car is you will still owe taxes and fees for the time you had it.

I owe 500.00 on taxes for this car still that I haven't had since sept 13 2013

Are you, perhaps, saying that you owe taxes for renewal periods that ensued after you no longer owned the car?

If yes, the next question is did you properly notify the DMV and/or taxing agency that you no longer owned the car after it was gone.

If not, you will have appeal the bill but you will have to provide documentation of non-ownership as of a certain date.

Unfortunately, if you don't have records of your own, it's unlikely that anybody is going to provide them to you (if they even exist) after 4 years.

Back