Abusive Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

used62

11 Year Marrige Is Almost Over. Wife Has Cheated At Least Twice
Is Abusive To Our Children And Myself. Now Openly Sees Other Men And Brags To Her Friends About It. What Can I Do To Get Myself Ready For Ensuing Custody Battle?

You need to hire an attorney fast. Don't tell her, just do it. She will know eventually of course, but you don't want to anger her even more in the meantime.
Good Luck and God Bless to you and your children

11 Year Marrige Is Almost Over. Wife Has Cheated At Least Twice
Is Abusive To Our Children And Myself. Now Openly Sees Other Men And Brags To Her Friends About It. What Can I Do To Get Myself Ready For Ensuing Custody Battle?

A marriage licsense is a "contract". If she breached that, she is considered "immoral" and comes to the court "without clean hands". She has no case, give her hell!

?

Scooterdog,

so if your wife has an affair even if brief you have a decent chance at winning custody of your kids? My wife has had improper relations (twice sex once four play) with someone else and only one time since the kids. Now she asks for a dissolution and acts like she'll split things including time with the kids. She's getting involved with another guy though living here still until she gets a place. She even started to ask if i mind her going out with this guy. Well after asking a few friends (including one female) to keep me in their prayers i indirectly found out that my good friend has had feelings for me but could not mention them with me being married. I plan on asking this girl out in the future BUT after the dissolution is final. My wife found out about this....

what kind of advice can some of you give to me in this BIG mess!!!!

**NO ONE is more important to me than my children!!!

Forgiven and used 62:

Infidelity does NOT guarantee that your wife will NOT get custody. There are many other factors that will go into the decision.

As lwpat said: "Hire an attorney and follow his advice."

Scooterdog,

so if your wife has an affair even if brief you have a decent chance at winning custody of your kids? My wife has had improper relations (twice sex once four play) with someone else and only one time since the kids. Now she asks for a dissolution and acts like she'll split things including time with the kids. She's getting involved with another guy though living here still until she gets a place. She even started to ask if i mind her going out with this guy. Well after asking a few friends (including one female) to keep me in their prayers i indirectly found out that my good friend has had feelings for me but could not mention them with me being married. I plan on asking this girl out in the future BUT after the dissolution is final. My wife found out about this....

what kind of advice can some of you give to me in this BIG mess!!!!

**NO ONE is more important to me than my children!!!

Here are a case that may be of some help:

If custodial mother has boyfriend living with her, state can change custody to father. JARRETT V. JARRETT, 101 S.Ct. 329

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back